Thread: Opinions on Peacock Tattoos

Default Opinions on Peacock Tattoos

Hi all

I was wondering if I could get some opinions please?
    I'm planning on getting a sleeve tattoo to cover some very old scars on my arm. I have thought out and planned the design and my first appointment is a the end of next month. I'm now having doubts on the design. The design is a flowing realistic peacock surrounded in purple roses, cherry blossoms, green butterflies, and blue flowers (maybe a lotus). My worry is (after reading lots of articles) that a peacock may (to others) convey an image of being vein/shallow and self-absorbed (this not my opinion)

My question is, what would your first impression be of a person with a large peacock sleeve, would you think the above?

Thank you for reading, I hope you can help! | Please be kind
    ~Piercings I have~
    6 Lobes, Helix (L), Conch (R), Navel

~Piercings I want~
    Industrial (L), Nostril (R), Helix (R), Rook, Nipples

I'd just see it for what it was, a bright, beautiful tattoo
    Left 8mm lobe, Inner conch, Industrial, Daith
    Right 10mm lobe, Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley, Left lower lip, Right lower lip
    10 Tattoos
    D

I have an extremely in-your-face peacock chest piece. Then again I don't give a f**k what anyone else thinks of me.

As long as it's a well-done tattoo I wouldn't think anything other than "that's a nice tattoo". But that's the opinion you're likely to get on a modification forum
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I'm with Hazel on this! lol... Have you seen Hazel's beautiful Peacock tattoo on here? I also don't really give a "do dah" what people think of me either. If you love your tattoo idea have it done. If I saw someone with a large peacock sleeve I think my eyes would pop out! I would love one but, haven't got the patience to sit for too long now-a-days.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 11-17-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix.

Sadly Retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thank you all for your responses I wish I didn't care but I'm sure that will come with time! I haven't seen Hazels Peacock tattoo but it sounds beautiful, where on the forum is the photo? I would love to see it!
    ~Piercings I have~

~Piercings I want~

Quote Originally Posted by MissMegatron View Post
    Thank you all for your responses I wish I didn't care but I'm sure that will come with time! I haven't seen Hazels Peacock tattoo but it sounds beautiful, where on the forum is the photo? I would love to see it!
    It's in the Show Off thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Forgot to post this, all finished on Saturday, took around 14 hours in the end, I like how abstract she went with the feathers and the movement in the piece is just what I wanted, I didn't want something flat just stuck on there, it's not a great photo unfortunately but you get the idea:
    I'm too old and tired and been through too much to care what people think of me. I refuse to waste any time in my life on such meaningless things. So much more to focus on.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Wow that's stunning Hazel!
    ~Piercings I have~

~Piercings I want~

Thanks MissM.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network