Thread: Rook Vs Glasses?

Question Rook Vs Glasses?

H! I am doing really well with my Rook piercing that I had in June except for one problem. I am supposed to use glasses for reading, using the P.C and close work etc..... Well, every time I wear my glasses even though you cannot see any rubbing/redness on the back of my ear. It some how sets my Rook all off. All the back of my ear hurts and where the Rook is and even the front where you would have a forward Helix piercing. Basically most of my ear - it is agony. I have padded out my glasses with tissue that side but still suffering.

I have tried days when it is calm not to wear glasses at all and it is lovely. As soon as I wear them it is bad again. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Left side - 2x Ear Lobes, Daith, Helix, Rook.

Right side - 2x Ear Lobes, Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix.

Sadly Retired Eyebrow. :(

Tattoo's!

I wear glasses too a lot of the time but didn't have that problem with my double rooks.

I do however get a sore ear (not the rook side!) from one pair of sunglasses which I guess just don't fit properly as all the rest are OK. Have you had the fit of your glasses checked? Maybe they just need a bit of a tweak.
    Caro

Hi Dragonsoup, Thank you for your reply and help. I know how you feel about sunglasses - I cannot wear them at all and it has been like that well before the piercings came along.

I'm looking around for another Optician as my glasses have never been tweaked as the Optician said to me that they don't like to adjust them (believe it or not!). lol......

Tattoo's!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    ...the Optician said to me that they don't like to adjust them (believe it or not!). lol......
    That's ridiculous, find a better optician.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 2 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    That's ridiculous, find a better optician.
    Thank you Hazel. I am looking elsewhere. - Stupid isn't it?

Tattoo's!

Completely!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 2 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network