Thread: Persistent navel infection

Default Persistent navel infection

Hello peeps, a little advice would be awesome!

My navel piercing is almost 3 months old and I have, what seems to be, a very persistent infection. I have been given some cream by my piercer, which did the trick temporarily but then my retired navel piercing site (a little below the new one) seemed to get an infection. This is the one that won't just sod off!! I've been on a 5 day course and a 7 day course of antibiotics, which clears it up to a point, but then it seems to start up again. Fml!

It it doesn't look awful, isn't affecting my health and only secretes a very small amount to of puss. I keep it clean and dry too. Just wondering why it won't go away? Anyone got any advice of what to try next?? I'm kind of reluctant to take the new piercing out , as that's not the site that's infected!

any comments would be great. Thanks xxx

Morning, Did I read this right that where the actual puss is coming from is now not where you have the piercing? i.e. you have had to take it out? If I am right I would try this - firstly, see if you can get rid of the puss before you start if there is any in there. I would do warm SSS 3 times a day. At night for about 3 days every night put a new plaster on with germoline on it (if you can). Take it off during the day. Do the 3 times a week soaking for a week. Then the next week go to twice a day soaking then the week after once a day then every other day then once then stop etc....

I've never tried it on a piercing but, I have had the odd infected finger in the past and has it saved me going to the Doctors. I have another idea if this doesn't work.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Hi, I should have said that you should SSS for ten minutes each time.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I have a retired navel piercing from when I took it out 5 years ago when having my children. I then had it repierced but in a slightly different spot. The new top hole is a tad above the old one. The new one got infected but cleared up but then the old one is the one I'm having problems with. I do get a tiny amount of puss daily that I get rid of and do daily saline soaks (but only one a day). I haven't tried it warn so I'll def give that a go. It's so minor but is just so amazing persistent!

No problem. See if you can put a plaster with Germoloine over where the pus comes out. It may draw all the puss out in the night. Try not to squeeze the pus out for a couple of days as I am hoping it will sort itself out. Years ago I had to retire my eyebrow piercing and that started to get puss in it. But, it luckily went in the end. If this doesn't get better in the next couple of weeks please let me know as I have got another idea.

If the soaks etc... are going to be of any help you should see a difference in a couple of days.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 10-05-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Stop putting things on it, rinse it in the shower. Make sure it has high-quality implant grade jewellery in it. Be aware that navels can take 12 months+ to heal fully. Do not cover it, do not put creams on it. Hot dry compresses may help if it's irritated.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network