Thread: Is my nearly two year healed tragus migrating out? Lots of pics

Default Is my nearly two year healed tragus migrating out? Lots of pics

So this pic is about a year ago when it was about 10 months healed and never had a problem with it.

That is with the original, implant grade titanium and think it's 10mm they use?

Fast forward to about a month or so ago and I got it changed for a shorted bar and smaller back so it's easier to clean and at first I thought all is great but then I started noticing it looks like it has moved and I feel like i'm going crazy

Side by side of before vs after

Why is this happening after all this time ffs

Wish I never changed the jewelry now. Ofcourse the shop say no it's fine it hasn't moved at all/
    Last edited by portraitofcurcelli; 10-05-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Hi, sorry to hear you are having problems and I hope someone that knows more than me can help you much better. Sorry, if this reply is odd. I am replying through my tablet. The reason why I am using it, is because you can zoom up on photographs very well!

From what I can see I am sure it is migrating. Do you know what material the smaller jewellery was made from? Perhaps your Tragus doesn't like it? Also it looked as if you may have had a bump there but, I cannot zoom up the photo anymore.

Surely just changing it would not have done that. I have had mine done around a year and it has been changed a few times and it has never moved. I have had a lot of bump problems. The piercer that pierced my Tragus said that he had his re-pierced quite a few times and gave up in the end. Perhaps your body doesn't want it there anymore.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 10-04-2017 at 09:06 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I'm gonna ask him what the jewelry is on the new one.

Yeah I find it weird that it has done this and if it is going bad then I doubt I will bother again with it tbh

Maybe you are and my body just doesn't want it there anymore

See if you could change the jewellery. If it is surgical steel it is useless - you need Titanium. Could you buy it yourself and ask someone to change it for you? It is weird it has gone the way it has. I was reading up on it and it said anything could have done it. But, point being - I have had a piercer change mine quite a few times due to bumps swelling up etc... It has not moved at all. See how it goes with some new Titanium jewellery in it first. It may stop it migrating more.

To be honest if mine decided to suddenly migrate I think I would also not bother with it again either. I don't even know at the moment if I am going to keep this piercing as I have got two bumps that will not go. Like we mention perhaps our bodies don't want them there anymore.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 10-05-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    See if you could change the jewellery. If it is surgical steel it is useless - you need Titanium. Could you buy it yourself and ask someone to change it for you? It is weird it has gone the way it has. I was reading up on it and it said anything could have done it. But, point being - I have had a piercer change mine quite a few times due to bumps swelling up etc... It has not moved at all. See how it goes with some new Titanium jewellery in it first. It may stop it migrating more.

To be honest if mine decided to suddenly migrate I think I would also not bother with it again either. I don't even know at the moment if I am going to keep this piercing as I have got two bumps that will not go. Like we mention perhaps our bodies don't want them there anymore.
    He usually uses titanium.

I do wish I had left it alone now tbh but oh well. Looks like most of my pics have disappeared aswell?

Hi, if you had left it alone the Labret post was way too long to keep in long term. I had an 8mm and that drove me mad. That is good you have Titanium jewellery in. I don't know what has happened to your photographs. My Tragus (inside ear) it has come back up again today. I think I will be very lucky to keep this piercing.

Quite a few Tattoo's.