Thread: Earlobes pierced at an angle?

Default Earlobes pierced at an angle?

Hello, I apologise for starting another thread again but I just noticed that my earlobes are pierced at an angle, as in the front looks perfectly spaced out but the back looks like the holes are angled facing each other such at the barbells are sticking together. Is this caused by swelling? Should i remove it and get it re-pierced by another piercer? Thank you.

Heres the pictures: https://imgur.com/a/Xxmqi

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

It's hard to say. You mention swelling - have they just been pierced? If so, that might be the case although you wouldn't normally get swelling on one side and not the other.
    Your lobe does look like it is slightly raised between the two piercings rather than flat. Was it always like that? Is your other ear like that?

It also could be the jewellery - if the bars are quite long then the weight of the balls is going to pull the ends down. What happens when you push the bars to the front?

Finally, is it a huge problem? I've got 16 lobe piercings in my left ear and 15 in the right. They look perfect from the front but less so from behind. It really doesn't bother me.

If just pierced, I'd probably say wait and see, particularly after you get shorter bars. If it still annoys you then get them repierced.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|2x centre tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|2 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 2x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (70 holes in total)

Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.
    Next up: third pair nostrils; venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    It's hard to say. You mention swelling - have they just been pierced? If so, that might be the case although you wouldn't normally get swelling on one side and not the other.
    Your lobe does look like it is slightly raised between the two piercings rather than flat. Was it always like that? Is your other ear like that?

It also could be the jewellery - if the bars are quite long then the weight of the balls is going to pull the ends down. What happens when you push the bars to the front?

Finally, is it a huge problem? I've got 16 lobe piercings in my left ear and 15 in the right. They look perfect from the front but less so from behind. It really doesn't bother me.

If just pierced, I'd probably say wait and see, particularly after you get shorter bars. If it still annoys you then get them repierced.
    I got them pierced 4 weeks ago which is fairly young and probably still needs longer healing. I do remember it being like this just a couple of days after being pierced when i touched the back of my ears, but I chalked it up to swelling and hence wasn't that bothered by it. My other ear seems pretty level on both the front and the back.

When I push the bars to the front they still stick together at the back, and even more so compared to leaving it alone.

The more I think about it the less of a problem it seems to pose to me, I guess that it being imperfect at the back does give my piercings a unique look and personality lol. I was only bothered by it since I thought majority of piercees had perfect angled piercings both at the front and the back, but it's nice to know I'm not the minority here!

Thank you so much again for the long reply, it's super helpful and has definitely assured my mind that it's really not a big deal!

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes

They do seem quite angled, I'd go back and ask the piercer if there's a reason for it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    They do seem quite angled, I'd go back and ask the piercer if there's a reason for it.
    Oh no :( Alright, I'll ask him when I go back next week for my septum piercing checkup! Thanks!

Current Stabbings:

4x lobes
    3x helix
    septum

Future Stabbings:
    daith (L)
    rook (R)
    2x helix

tongue

Retired:
    2x lobes