Thread: Industrial Piercing?

Default Industrial Piercing?

Hello, I'm back again with a new question! I'm thinking about getting an industrial piercing instead of a helix on my right ear. However, I realised my ears are weird with really thick rims so I was wondering if it is still anatomically correct for an industrial piercing?

Possibly, a piercer would have to have a look all around and a good feel etc. Go see one, you'd have to go to one to get it done anyway
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Possibly, a piercer would have to have a look all around and a good feel etc. Go see one, you'd have to go to one to get it done anyway
    I agree. You have a decent amount of rim there to possibly accommodate an industrial, but it also depends how much your antihelix (the thick cartilage that runs parallel to the outer rim) sticks out. A piercer would be able to assess the viability of an industrial.

I love them, but I'm not anatomically correct for it.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Alright, I'll be going down to my piercer's in a few hours' time, I'll be sure to ask him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jools1969 View Post
    I agree. You have a decent amount of rim there to possibly accommodate an industrial, but it also depends how much your antihelix (the thick cartilage that runs parallel to the outer rim) sticks out. A piercer would be able to assess the viability of an industrial.

I love them, but I'm not anatomically correct for it.
    I was always under the impression that since my ears don't look like the majority of ears I have seen, I automatically assumed that I won't be suitable for an industrial lol. I'll be sure to ask my piercer about it, and I'm sorry about your ears not being anatomically correct for an industrial. I'm sure you rock your other ear piercings amazingly though!