Thread: Small lump inside ear near piercing

Default Small lump inside ear near piercing

My lobe piercings are 10 years old, done with a gun (bad I know, too late now) and have generally been fine. They seem to close up quickly even now so I have the studs you have them pierced with in the whole time - I have brought new ones since getting them pierced. I have had a reaction to cheap earrings which is another reason I keep the studs in 99% of the time.

Every now and then, my right ear gets this lump like a ball bearing right next to the hole. I only notice it as my ear feels a little sore because my earring seems tight - I don't know which happens first. The lump or the tight earring - but I would assume the lump as the other ear is fine. I took my earring out and sort of massaged and squished my ear and the lump seemed to disperse and reduce by about half (nothing to see on my ear, nothing to pop) - I assumed it was fluid build up from a tight earring. However, 3 days later and I still have the little lump. Ihaven't worn other earrings for more than a few hours and live in my studs - so I'm reluctant to take them out for long. In the evenings I have been taking them out and either having nothing or putting other studs (possibly cheaper studs though) in overnight - they have a longer and thinner post so there is no pressure on my lobe.

What is this random lump and is there anything I can do about it as it does seem to randomly flare up with no obvious cause (would summer weather, sweat, hiar being around the piercing contribute?).

What jewellery is the earrings made out of? 10 years ago with a gun I'm guessing they're silver or gold? Both can cause irritation with long term wear, get the jewellery swapped out to some titanium studs and see if that helps
    Left 8mm lobe, Inner conch, Industrial, Daith
    Right 10mm lobe, Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley, Left lower lip, Right lower lip
    10 Tattoos

Solid 14k or above gold does not cause problems, gold plated stuff can though.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I have no idea what they are made of - they are gold in colour (my original were silver but the backs did go green very easily) - but doesn't mean they are gold. It was a local beauty salon that I went to (not a high street chain but not a piercer). The bump has pretty much gone now but it does just flare up with no obvious cause

Go see an actual piercer who can fit you with implant grade jewellery.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network