Thread: Double helix in progress

Default Double helix in progress

So I decided I wanted a double helix. I'm 30 next year and have always wanted more piercings but never been brave enough.

Went to my piercer he suggested because I want them close together to do one, let it swell then do the other a couple of weeks later. I agreed I can try and be patient!

The actual piercing didn't hurt at all, barely felt it. When I went outside it stung a bit in the fresh air but wasn't red or hot like I expected.

Unless I accidentally knocked it or brushed it for the first couple of days it was uneventful. Soreness went away and I could touch my ear without it feeling delicate

Uneventful till day 4 and I've got some dried blood today and it's a little itchy. Still not much swelling but I guess that's to come?! I gently wiped the dry blood away from the edges but didn't bother with the stuff close to the hole, I'll rinse in the shower tonight. Mostly trying to leave it alone. I have been wiping with a SSS with a cotton bud very gently as piercer advised and it seems happy so far.

Im going back in just under three weeks for my check up and to hopefully get the second one done.

Diary is mostly for me I know helixes are pretty boring really for most!

Hope it goes well for you! None of my helices really swelled that much at all so it may stay nice and calm.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thanks I hope so. Today was day 5. No more blood on it, rinsed most off in the shower and doesn't seem to have reoccurred. Still not that sore. No swelling or lymph or anything like that.

It's a week old now. Well 8 days actually. Still not really painful. Can't see any gunk. Maybe that's on the inside. Just feels like a bruise. I accidentally slept on it the other night for a short time and it wasn't sore. Feels like a bruise really if I catch it.

Hoping to go back saturday for my second one if he agrees all looks good.

Got my second one done today. So pleased with it. Just stinging now, no pain at all in my first one.

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeTort View Post
    Got my second one done today. So pleased with it. Just stinging now, no pain at all in my first one.
    Well done. Happy healing!
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Thanks

bit sore earlier today, probably because I accidentally hit it yesterday �� But now back to just feeling tender when I clean it.

All very boring so far. No blood or crusting. Just feels like a bruise if I accidentally touch it.