Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tragus problem - retire?

Question Tragus problem - retire?

Morning, very long story but, will cut it down. Had my Tragus pierced last October. It was done with a Labret post and basically every time it got crusty I started a bump off outside my tragus as the way the post moved annoyed it. Then this weird white looking very crusty bump started inside my tragus piercing. These went down a little and I just got on with it etc....

My new piercer said that the post was way too long and it needed changing. The piercing was changed as the piercer did this the front bump came up and had to be changed straight back in to a bigger post. The bumps were both crusty. I also got it caught which, set the thing off again. (My mum caught it and I have never let her forget it! lol..). Then the inside bump started to stick to the post all the time (it was like snot) so, it had to be changed to a horseshoe as we thought air wasn't getting in it to heal it. It tried to get better.

Now months on the inside white bump if left alone gets very, very crusty, very itchy and sharp. I have tried to put piercing after care oil on it. (It hates it as it does every type of soak you could mention). I was advised by the tattooist's who my piercer works for to put witch hazel on it for a week. It stopped itching and went down. Now it has come up again and because I have been trying to clean it I have got another bump in the front of my tragus too. Shall I just now give up on it?

At the same time the same ear has got a Helix that is a pain to heal as well.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 08-10-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    Left side - 2x Ear Lobes, Daith, Helix, Rook.

Right side - 2x Ear Lobes, Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix.

Sadly Retired Eyebrow. :(

Tattoo's!

Cartilage piercings can take up to 12-18 months to stop being annoyed. Your's is 10 months so there's time yet, plus suffering any trauma can set it back.

However, it's down to you. I have found some of my cartilage piercings take 9-12 months to stop being a pain in the ass, some say they feel fine by 3 months and have no issues. I've had 2 that I've had to retire, one I got redone (nostril) and the other I've been left with a bump that won't go down even with months of massage so I'm probably going to have it punched out or just ignore it (conch).

So you can either give it time. Or take it out. Or take it out, let it heal and get a repierce. Sadly piercings are like people, totally unpredictable and no one can ever forsee what's going to work best for you. As for Witch Hazel, nah, too harsh, it may give a desired effect short term but all it will do is mask any problems once you stop using it, long term use can lead to irritation, scarring and burns.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications:
    5mm septum punch, coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 2 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

It's up to you if you want to retire but I know tragus piercings can take 12-18 months to settle down and heal.
    Im still dealing with a bump situation on a snug piercing I got last November but I'm sure it will be fine
    Left 4mm lobe, Left Inner conch
    Right 5mm lobe, Right Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Left lower lip
    6 Tattoos

I have a bump presently on my conch. I asked my piercer yesterday about it and suggested that it was caused by trauma from being knocked at some point. He advised to apply some warmed saline solution on it and use a travel pillow at night.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Hi,

i hope someone can help? I've got both tregus pierced 2
    months ago and there both so swollen and scabby and weppy. Should I take them out. I have a bump on one, which is the side I sleep on. Please help xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Missy smith View Post
    Hi,

months ago and there both so swollen and scabby and weppy. Should I take them out. I have a bump on one, which is the side I sleep on. Please help xxx

2 months is very early for tragus piercings, them getting crusty is normal, it just needs gently soaking off, the weeping is probably lymph if it doesn't smell or isn't an odd colour, the bump will be caused by the trauma of you sleeping on it so try and avoid that where you can
    Left 4mm lobe, Left Inner conch
    Right 5mm lobe, Right Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Left lower lip
    6 Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Missy smith View Post
    Hi,

That is quite normal for any cartilage piercings, it's part of the healing process. They can take up to a year to heal and may occasionally flare up from time to time. Continue the aftercare, but be gentle. My piercer recommended kitchen/paper roll soaked in warm saline solution, leave on for about 5 minutes and dried with kitchen/paper roll. Be careful not to knock it with headphones, phones, etc.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

Morning All

Thank you for your replies and help. When I get a "bad day" with it I really do. For some reason I have still got my Tragus piercing in. I don't know how. lol...Sorry, to hear that some of you have also got problems. Hope they get better for you too. Sorry, you have had to also retire piercings and got the "bumps" that won't go. If this is any help Mum and I have had Daith bumps for well over a year and they have finally gone.

I stopped Witch Hazel as soon as you mentioned it. What I did in the end as it is manly the big white rock hard painful sharp crust that is inside my ear that sets it all off is when I get a bad day with it is put a little carrier oil on it to stop the rock hard crust forming. It has gone down.

Missy Smith you are brave to have two Tragus' done at once. Please stop laying on them as you are really annoying your piercings. This is why I had my Tragus and Helix's pierced to prevent me laying on my sides as I pop my collar bone out. It is working as well. lol...
    Last edited by Mazzy; 08-20-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    Left side - 2x Ear Lobes, Daith, Helix, Rook.

Right side - 2x Ear Lobes, Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix.

Sadly Retired Eyebrow. :(

Tattoo's!

Hi,

i hope you can help? I had both Tregus pierced 2 months ago. The thing is there so angry and swollen still and very scabby. Not sure whether to take them out.

Id love to keep them but they don't seem to be getting any better . Please help xxx

Hi

thank you for your comments. I went to a piercing shop the other day and they advised me to take them out. I'll try with the bathing, as I already do this but it doesn't change. I'd love to post a picture but not quite sure how too. Xxxx
    Last edited by Missy smith; 08-20-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast