Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tragus problem - retire?

Quote Originally Posted by Missy smith View Post
    Hi

thank you for your comments. I went to a piercing shop the other day and they advised me to take them out. I'll try with the bathing, as I already do this but it doesn't change. I'd love to post a picture but not quite sure how too. Xxxx
    Hi Missy Smith - have you still got your Tragus' in? Is there any pus coming out at all and are they very painful? If so, please leave these in as if it is an infection even if you go to the Doctors still do not take them out. It will trap the infection in the piercing and you will have even more problems.

The only thing I can suggest is that please do not sleep on them at all. Do not turn them etc... Leave well alone and as they are two months old I would just soak them in the shower. If very crusty soak with cooled kettle water - no salt. The best thing is to leave them if you can.

I have get days when I would love to give up on this piercing. My Tragus had times when it was very snotty for a good while and now it is a rock hard crusty that I am trying to sort out.

Please can anyone else advise? As I am not a total expert. I think you have just basically p****d them off. I have done that may of times with piercings. They don't like it if you annoy them.

It will take them a while and get better then you will have good and bad days with them. And then they should give up in the end.
    Last edited by Hazel; 08-20-2017 at 11:49 PM. Reason: merged posts
    Left side - 2x Ear Lobes, Daith, Helix, Rook.

Right side - 2x Ear Lobes, Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix.

Sadly Retired Eyebrow. :(

Tattoo's!

Yes I have them in and I have been on antibiotics from the doc. The puss is yellow. I must admit I find it hard not to pick them ( gross I know). They just look so awful. I cover them with my hair at the
    mo, I know this doesn't help. I'd love to post a picture but not sure how xxx

Hi Mazzy,

thanks for your advice. I have these crazy ideas to get things pierced and never think of
    the out come. I've never had any bad pericings before. So these two are so badly behaved. Also in the beginnings, I wasn't mixing the correct solution for them both, which didn't help. Then I took to using neat witch hazel on them🙄🙄🙄. What an idiot... now their awful I've spent so many hours researching any type of help I can get. I love them, but at the moment that looks so manky. You made me smile with your helix piercing and your Tregus. ... I think I may go for the helix next xxxxxx
    Last edited by Hazel; 08-20-2017 at 11:49 PM. Reason: merged posts

Morning No problem at all! Glad to have been of some help!

That is good you are anti-biotics. Please leave your piercings in as I mentioned if it was an infection it would become trapped in them and then they cannot drain and abscess time! Please do not pick them. Or if you feel tempted soak the gunge off with kettle boiled cooled water. Leave well alone as you picking will start them off and then infection and grief again. (I know that it is tempting!)

I didn't know when I had my piercings done what the outcome would be either. I thought they would heal in an "instance" lol... - Wrong! Don't use any solutions now. Just give them a very good soaking under your shower. They don't need salt etc... My body really hates the stuff. Yes, and I was also told to use Witch hazel on them as well and yes I did!

Please don't waste your time in researching for the best help. I did this for a long time with my Daith's from "Hell". Leaving them alone worked wonders. lol.. You are not an idiot btw. Glad I made you smile about my Helix's. I must warn you that my Helix's have been total "HELL". I have had a lot of problems with them and as a back sleeper believe it or not they have disturbed my sleep plenty of times! If you ever decide to have them please let your Tragus' heal up first.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 08-21-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Tattoo's!

If it helps - I killed off my eyebrow piercing off when I was younger as I didn't have a clue. It was much before you could get help online.

Tattoo's!

Oh my word! That "alien" bump that had decided to live in the inside of my Tragus piercing for nearly a year (that has annoyed me all that time) fell off this morning! I'm so glad you mentioned it took a good while to heal as I think I would have retired this piercing ages ago. I have come very close to it. My annoying Helix's are now behaving too. I got rid of the posts as I kept catching them on my pillow in the end. I have got Horseshoe jewellery in them now. They have been put in a way that they don't move about. Thank you all for your help!

Tattoo's!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12