Thread: How long?

Question How long?

Hello! How long did you give your piercing(s) before you stopped SSS soaks/spray etc..? In the past it was SSS for about 9 weeks. But, I found out my body hates them and they did nothing for me. This time I was given something different. - A pink labelled spray to use once a day with my Rook and to use the shower to clean it as well. (It was also suggested I spray a dilute mix of Tattoo Goo piercing/tattoo soap and water before I showered but, it dried my ear too much so, I don't use it now).
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-18-2017 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Spellings!
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I only used SSS twice a day for my first two or three piercings. After that I didn't bother anymore and only clean them with plain water when it's needed. Which is usually once a day in the shower in the first week and after that just whenever there's crust on it.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 6 mm ~ Philtrum 6 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 2, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Microdermal between eyebrows/third eye & on my left & right middle fingertip ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ frenulum piercing left side lip 16g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Pretty much the same as Patrick. I'll spray with H2Ocean sometimes if it's irritated as that's designed for piercings.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

SSSs were only recommended for me when I later had some healing issues. Evidently I heal slowly; everything seems OK for the first 6-8 months and then after that, the slightest bump of the ear or tangle with the hair irritates the piercing. The sea salt soaks do seem to help with those.
    Ears double pierced... That is all.

Thank you for your help and replies. I haven't used any SSS on my Rook (first piercing I haven't used it on) and it is doing well at the moment. *Touch wood* Still early days.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.