Thread: Reverse PA Stretching

Question Reverse PA Stretching

I have an RPA which I have had for about 2 years now & have decided to upsize it, my piercer originally only put in a small diameter CBR. I found this to be uncomfortable & as soon as the piercing healed I changed it out for a curved barbell, much more comfortable !

I did manage to go up a size from 1.6mm to 2mm but can't get anything bigger in place !

Any advice on how I could start to upsize would be most appreciated ?

I would like to go up to 5mm eventually !
    Current : Left ear lobe 18g gold ring 10mm ID, Both nipples 10g 12mm ID BCR , Reverse Prince Albert 6g 25mm curved SS Barbell with 8mm balls.

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

So I see I have had several views on this post but no replies offering advice as such, so I decided to take things into my own hands so to speak !

Since my initial post I had managed to slowly go from a 2mm curved barbell to a 3mm curved barbell, but had then not been able to get any larger jewelry fitted in place.

So with the 3mm curved barbell having been in for some time I felt it was time to try going up to 4mm & as I would eventually like to go up to 5 or maybe 6mm, I have decided to do this in 1mm steps. I gave it some thought & decided the way to go was to make my own taper that would screw into the end of the barbell, so I got a couple of the balls & measured the threads on them. They both measured around 1.8mm each but were a bit of a loose fit in the thread, so I figured out they were an M2 X 0.4mm thread.

I went out to my workshop & turned up a taper that started with a shallow taper with a rounded tip & ended up with a 4mm diameter base, I then reversed it in the chuck on the lathe & machined a 2mm thread into the rear of the taper. I then fitted a piece of stainless steel studding into the newly cut thread, I trimmed it to length with a junior hacksaw then cleaned up the end of the thread on the lathe. I then removed it from the chuck & sterilized it before test fitting it to the 4mm curved barbell, I was very pleased as it fitted perfectly.

So I removed the 3mm curved barbell that was already in my RPA, I lubed up the 4mm curved barbell & taper combination. It fitted in with a gentle push, I then unscrewed the taper & screwed the 2nd ball onto the barbell !

Job Done !

When I have the time I will machine up a couple more, one for a 5mm barbell & another for the 6mm barbell !
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 07-24-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Current : Left ear lobe 18g gold ring 10mm ID, Both nipples 10g 12mm ID BCR , Reverse Prince Albert 6g 25mm curved SS Barbell with 8mm balls.

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

Excellent piece of home engineering. Well done sir.

Thank you good Sir !

I have now placed an order for some 5 & 6mm surgical steel so I can machine up the next 2 sizes of stretching taper, these will then be prepared in advance of the next 2 planned stretch increments !

What I find amazing though is that the 4mm curved barbell seems to be a loose fit already ? It's only just been in place a little over 3 days, although I will wait a while before moving onto the 5mm curved barbell !
    Last edited by Mr Mouse; 07-24-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Isn't the human body an amazing thing ? I have just worked out the size difference involved in upsizing from a 3mm dia CBB to a 4mm CBB, the 3mm one has a dia of 3 x Pi = (3 x 3.14 = 9.42mm) so it follows that 4 x Pi = (4 x 3.14 = 12.56mm) an increase in dia of 3.14mm, do you see a pattern forming ?

However everytime you upsize a piercing by 1mm the hole has to stretch/increase in size by another 3.14mm, no wonder its not easy to get the new jewelry in place !

Well my surgical steel arrived today !

More workshop time required to machine the 5 & 6mm threaded taper stretchers !

So this evening I decided to go out into the workshop & turn up the 5mm stretcher, I decided on a 3 degree taper which should give a nice shallow sliding fit. Using the same method as before when I made the 4mm stretcher that worked so well, so my next dilemma is how long do I wait before trying it out ?