Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing Stuck Labret

Default Removing Stuck Labret

Ok I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I had my helix pierced in February, along with second lobes, all of which were done by a less than competent piercer. I had to have the second lobes corrected, and none were pierced with titanium. When I had my second lobes corrected, the piercer also tried to replace the helix with a titanium barbel but she couldn't remove the ball on the stud. This led her to believe it was a push stud, and as it was getting angrier by the second with her trying to remove it, she stopped and said to change it once it wasn't sore.

Its been ticking along nicely, but the length of it has been annoying me, it's been moving far too much, and also the flat disc of the stud has been pressing against my ear. So I purchased a sterile titanium barbel to change it over too.

I knew new it was going to be tricky because of the fun the second piercer had with it, but I've managed to turn a nice healing easy going helix into a red, slightly swollen, hurting one. I've used saline spray and done a camomile soak on it, and I still can't get the ***** ball off.

It it does turn but doesn't come off, I don't want to pull it too much and now a bit of a bump has appeared. I've tried gripping it with gloves and paper, and In my stupidity I decided to try cutting it off, first with nail clippers and then animal nail clippers, but both failed.

When i was struggling this morning I should've gone to the piercer, but I didn't. I'm still thinking the only way I will get it off will be to cut it off. Has anyone done this before, and if so what did you use?

It has crusted since my escapades this morning, and the stud is now not moving at all in the fistula, it was freely moving backwards and forwards, so it's definitely lympted since the fiddling. I will keep up with the soaks, but more than ever I now want the horrible steel labret out of my piercing and the nice titanium barbell in.

Any advice would be great of getting it out! Or if anyone is in Berkshire and fancies a job let me know

Current
    3 lobe each ear, Daith (R), Helix (R), Tragus (L), Rook (L)

Would like
    Forward Helix (L), Triple Outer Conch (L), Further 2 Helix (R)

RIP
    Daith (L)

Ouch - I remember my piecer having a battle to get some pretty poor jewellery out of one of my early piercings (not done by him). He tried gloving then double gloving which wasn't enough. In the end I think he resorted to pliers! I had a friend with me and she told me his face was a picture.... Luckily I was well healed by then so it wasn't more than uncomfortable.

I think I'd let the pros do it.
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    I think I'd let the pros do it.

This, even if you have to travel.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

My traguses studs had the same problem. The studs would just turn and not the balls. In the end, another piercer had to get pliers to loosen them.

I think get an experienced piercer to do it.
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,

I've emailed my new, very good, piercer to see if she has any slots this week. I may as well get my third lobes done at the same time!

Its less sore and swollen today, I've been blasting it with saline spray and haven't touched it at all. I will keep you all updated and let you know when I have the nasty steel stud out

Current

Would like

RIP
    Daith (L)

I made a visit to the piercer yesterday, and she failed also, partly because it's still sore from me fiddling with it and it straight away started lympting.

I really want to cut it out now to be over and done with. What could I use or is this a very bad idea?

Current

Would like

RIP
    Daith (L)

It's a last resort. Won't the piercer do it for you? You really would need to be able to see what you are doing.
    Caro

Many good piercers will have cutting tools. I don't know exactly what they use though.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Hello. I have tried to send you a P.M Icedancer. It is just an idea. (First P.M I have sent so not sure if I did it right).
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix.

Sadly Retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

My labret ball was impossible to unscrew. I tried pliers and got nowhere, so I went in to see my piercer and have it loosened... when I got home, I STILL couldn't get it off. This morning my brother cut it off for me.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Nose (both sides)

~~Want~~
    Rook to Anti-tragus Industrial
    Septum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast