Helix.

Right side - 2x Ear Lobes.
    Daith.
    Tragus
    Nostril.
    Helix.

Sadly Retired Eyebrow. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    Yes, I am doing well as they not a new piercing. - Thank you. I dread the day they decide to give up on me.

Last resort suggestion - Have you ever been to see an Osteopath for advice on your cluster headaches? There was a programme on, on Monday that a lady had Cluster headaches. (Sorry, to hear you have them). The Osteopath found out in the end it was from a neck injury. When sorted out the lady had less attacks.

Tension headaches I used to have too but Hemiplegic Migraine's took over in the end. It was suggested to me to buy a neck massager or to have neck massages for tension headaches. Have they ever put you on Pizotifen Tablets to try?
    Sorry I have been off for a while due to being booked off sick.

We are trying a few meds first, it has been suggested I get a CT as I did fall off a horse when I was young and never told anyone. I went to another doctor last week. he says the fact that the antidepressants helped for so long means there is something there. But with the stress of last year my body seems to be out of whack. He also said I have underlining sinusitis which could also be a cause. Also the fact that I am all of a sudden allergic to horse hair could be another cause. He now also has me on stress and anxiety meds.

But got my tragus pierced on the 13/05/2017.
    Will have neck and that checked if nothing else works.
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:
    Helix :(

Tattoos:
    Feather with Birds (left side under collar bone)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryry View Post

We are trying a few meds first, it has been suggested I get a CT as I did fall off a horse when I was young and never told anyone. I went to another doctor last week. he says the fact that the antidepressants helped for so long means there is something there. But with the stress of last year my body seems to be out of whack. He also said I have underlining sinusitis which could also be a cause. Also the fact that I am all of a sudden allergic to horse hair could be another cause. He now also has me on stress and anxiety meds.

But got my tragus pierced on the 13/05/2017.
    No problem. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. Glad that the Doctors are trying to help you too. That is good they are giving you a CT Scan. Hopefully they will be able to work out what is wrong and treat it.

That is good you had your Tragus pierced in the end. How are you finding it?
    Left side - 2x Ear Lobes.
    Daith.
    Helix.

Right side - 2x Ear Lobes.
    Daith.
    Tragus
    Nostril.
    Helix.

Sadly Retired Eyebrow. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    No problem. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. Glad that the Doctors are trying to help you too. That is good they are giving you a CT Scan. Hopefully they will be able to work out what is wrong and treat it.

That is good you had your Tragus pierced in the end. How are you finding it?
    Ct scan is an end resort type of thing. If the meds help and hopefully the tragus then i might not need it. The doctor feels an injury that old might not be a factor anymore but we cant rule it out.

i love my piercing its been two weeks and heling like a dream. I dont even feel. Sleeping on the ear with no irritation so far, i do keep an eye on it as i know it may. I had one headache Wednesday but that was because i cut meds down to quickly. I am now back on the original dosage and no pain anymore. Did take 2 days but the first day i drank no pain meds and the second day one panado which helped 😲 I was stunned as normally it takes at least two really strong meds. Luckily it was only a headache and it did not escalate as it would normally have.

Just so happy and loving the look
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:

Tattoos:

Having my neck corrected after a fall from a horse cured 90% of my migraines. I wish I'd tried that much earlier as it would have saved me years of lost days and heavy medication
    Caro

Ct scan is an end resort type of thing. If the meds help and hopefully the tragus then i might not need it. The doctor feels an injury that old might not be a factor anymore but we cant rule it out.
    An old injury can definitely have an effect, especially if you got migraines or they got worse after the injury.

I already had migraines since a young age and they only got worse and came more often as I got older. But after a car crash a few years ago it really jump started the whole process, speeding up how bad and more often they came. Now a few years later my doctor finally found that at least some of the migraines are caused by my muscles. From lower back all the way up to my neck it's knot after knot after knot. I shouldn't be able to move my neck and back as much as I can (noone understands how they're still so flexible, they just can't figure it out.). Unfortunately they don't know if the car crash was the cause of it all or if I already had some knots in there and the crash only caused more of them. They tried treating it in different ways but they can't get rid of them permanently. The knots just seem to come back time after time..

Anyhow long story short: Be careful with the injuries. They can definitely worsen migraines.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 6 mm ~ Philtrum 6 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 2, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Microdermal between eyebrows/third eye & on my left & right middle fingertip ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ frenulum piercing left side lip 16g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    Having my neck corrected after a fall from a horse cured 90% of my migraines. I wish I'd tried that much earlier as it would have saved me years of lost days and heavy medication
    Yes I know it could be from my neck, the doctor just wants to be sure its not stress/hormone/underlyning sinusitis etc related. If the meds don't work then we will have to look at a ct
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:

Tattoos:

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    An old injury can definitely have an effect, especially if you got migraines or they got worse after the injury.

I already had migraines since a young age and they only got worse and came more often as I got older. But after a car crash a few years ago it really jump started the whole process, speeding up how bad and more often they came. Now a few years later my doctor finally found that at least some of the migraines are caused by my muscles. From lower back all the way up to my neck it's knot after knot after knot. I shouldn't be able to move my neck and back as much as I can (noone understands how they're still so flexible, they just can't figure it out.). Unfortunately they don't know if the car crash was the cause of it all or if I already had some knots in there and the crash only caused more of them. They tried treating it in different ways but they can't get rid of them permanently. The knots just seem to come back time after time..

Anyhow long story short: Be careful with the injuries. They can definitely worsen migraines.
    I don't know if the migraines started because of the fall, but I know it was more or less that time. was just a mild headache but if I took the pain killers the wrong way I suffered a migraine. As the years went on they became worse, till I eventually started getting cluster headaches which then became 3-5 day migraines.
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:

Tattoos:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234