Thread: Ideas for dedication sleeve

Default Ideas for dedication sleeve

My grandfather has been one of the biggest influences in my life, and I wanted to get a half-sleeve to honor him. With that being said, I don't really want a portrait of him. Has anyone else done something similar?

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Hmm... what about gathering together your most precious moments with him? Just questions to ask yourself (you don't need to answer them here) - What did those moments involve? What did you notice the most at those times? What sort of things mean the most to your grandfather? Using symbolism can be a great idea as far as artwork goes for a dedication sleeve. You can even have a sort of time frame sleeve - starting at the top your earliest moments going down to the most recent or something like that.
    ~~Piercings~~
    Labret
    Septum (12g 2mm)
    Nose (both sides)
    Double, vertical tongue piercings

~~Want~~
    Rook to Anti-tragus Industrial
    X3 Cartilage piercings in both ears.

INSTAGRAM - @piercedpoison

I got some tattoos similar to the ones on my dads hands in memory of him.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 2 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

That is great advice, thank you! I really like the idea of a timeline--what a great idea!

That is interesting Hazel. A funny note, my grandfather thinks most tattoos are trashy, so I'm also trying to convince him that's not the case for all of them