Thread: What's the correct Helix piercing?

Default What's the correct Helix piercing?

I believe my helix was done at an angle but I am not entirely sure how it should be pierced. Is it correct?
    I know the one were the earring goes trough the back is a variation. Mine was not visible from the side, only from the front and the back of the earring wasn't easily visible. I'm also thinking of wearring studs, hoops, and cuffs.

I had an irritation / infection a month after which I was told may be due to the angle. How should it be positioned for a speedier recovery?

I want to do double helix
    Last edited by MichEarCandy; 02-17-2017 at 10:56 PM.

I'm not a piercer but it's hard to see if it was done at an angle since we can't see the side and back view of it.

To my knowledge there's not a way that it should really be done for a speedier recovery. I've had multiple helixes and 2 were previously done at a downward angle and they healed the same as any others.

For jewellery and anatomical purposes though it should be done straight. Putting jewellery into a cartilage piercing on a downward slant can be crappy and I damaged scar tissue doing it.

Yours has just been done too close to the edge of your ear. That would be what caused your problems.
    Current -
    Left ear: Triple Lobes
    Right ear: Triple Lobes, Double Helix, Daith, Double Forward Helix
    Other: Nipples, Septum, VCH

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -
    Tongue, Lip, Navel, Multiple Helixes

As above, we can't see it from several angles. Go see an excellent APP registered piercer and they will be able to talk you through it all.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Earring was too close to the edge... I have to get re-pierced and want to get a better placement. What should I tell piercer?

The last picture shows the little dot of the were the piercing was...
    It wasn't visible from the side and it didn't go through the back straight. I'd take a picture but I no longer have the piercing open.
    Last edited by MichEarCandy; 02-19-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichEarCandy View Post
    Earring was too close to the edge... I have to get re-pierced and want to get a better placement. What should I tell piercer?
    That it was too close to the edge, you want to get it repierced and have a better placement.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I also have a question about the position. So mine is at an angle (according to piercer he pierced it straight and it just healed downwards) would it be better to take it out and re-pierce or can one leave it? the back of the piercing is more or less where one would do an outer conch. The front is about 2mm away from the fold. (yes I know pictures would be best but I cant upload any). if I have a bar in you can see it is at an angle. I took the ring out due to being allergic to the steel. so will I be able to wear nice jewellery or will it be best to remove it, or ask a different piercer to just pierce it straight for me and let the back hole close? P.S. piercing is 5 months old

First things first: As a preventative measure, ask your piercer to use a needle, not a "gun."

To care for a fresh piercing, wash with soap and water or saline solution—not rubbing alcohol—twice a day

Know that a cartilage piercing will require a bit more TLC than a lobe piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by nancy john View Post
    To care for a fresh piercing, wash with soap...
    Soap is too harsh for a fresh piercing.

The OP was asking about placement. I think she's aware of the basics from what I remember ^_^

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network