Thread: 'Tonic Trouble' spiral on back

Default 'Tonic Trouble' spiral on back

I'm looking to get opinions on something I've been thinking of having for a while.

I've been wanting to get this spiral:

On my back, in the middle of my shoulder blades (I did want it higher up, but I have a slightly questionable mole on the back of my neck, so if I ever need it to be removed, I want the tattoo to be well clear of it so it doesn't get damaged in the process).

About 2.5 inches or 3 inches across.

This was my first try at drawing this out - I had to trace off the logo and use my imagination and think of where the lines would go behind the title text since there is no image I could find that wasn't obscured like that. I think I did a great job at doing that, but some of my lines got a bit messy so I want to do it another few times and clean it up.

I worry that I'll regret it though since it's in such a more visible place than my other tattoos. I absolutely LOVE my current ones, but I still have that kind of feeling before getting a new one. Is it a bad idea to get a symbol from an obscure game? It impacted me profoundly growing up and I've wanted to get a tattoo from it for a while because of that. Video game aside, I feel like I really like these kinds of jagged spirals anyway whenever I see them.
    Current:
    - Ear lobes x2 (right) and x1 (left)
    - Tunnel (left lobe) 10mm
    - Navel
    - Helix (right)
    - A half-rejected industrial (left)
    - Tragus (left)
    - Lip (left)
    - Nostril (right)
    - Conch (right)
    - Nipples (both!)
    - Septum

Pending:
    - Rooks (both), in the distant future

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxx-Returns View Post
    I worry that I'll regret it...
    Then don't get it until you don't feel that way.

I think with tattoos the only bad ideas are things that are highly visible and highly offensive but even those can have merit in some unusual cases.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I love that you're always getting video game tattoos! I have to agree with Hazel though, don't get it just yet if you're worried you're going to regret it.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

The feeling comes around every couple of months, for a day, and then I'm excited again. I think the thing that makes me more worried with this one is that if I end up not liking it and want to wear a vest or something, it will be exposed.

But on the flipside, if I like it, and I want to wear a vest....
    Current:
    - Ear lobes x2 (right) and x1 (left)
    - Tunnel (left lobe) 10mm
    - Navel
    - Helix (right)
    - A half-rejected industrial (left)
    - Tragus (left)
    - Lip (left)
    - Nostril (right)
    - Conch (right)
    - Nipples (both!)
    - Septum

Pending:
    - Rooks (both), in the distant future

I've been the same about my more visible tattoos, especially ones I can't hide at all unless I wear gloves or a scarf. I just kept waiting until I was 100% certain.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

If you are worried you'll regret it, I would put it off for now. It will be there forever, so you want to be 100%. But it looks cool ��

Fallon

It does look cool. I get what you mean about the mole though.