Thread: van gogh tattoo!

Talking van gogh tattoo!

yesterday (the 30th) i had the first session on my first tattoo! it's vincent van gogh's 'skull of a skeleton with burning cigarette', one of my favourite paintings by him, my favourite painter and a huge inspiration to me.

it was only meant to take three hours, but the wonderful artist, kat macintosh, decided that to get it perfect she would need to spend more time than anticipated, and i agreed that i'd rather spend more time and have a fucking awesome tattoo than something half-arsed. so we spent three hours, got down the blacks and greys, and i'm gonna go up to her studio in leeds to get it finished.

as for the experience, it was fuckin' awesome. kat is lovely, a really chill person with a lot of talent. she was doing a guest spot at dabs in southport, which she does quite regularly, so i saw her there. dabs is a wonderful studio, super friendly, with really cool people working there and really cool people who go to get tattooed there. i'm not sure how to spell her name but lis who i think runs the place is lovely - i saw her at liverpool tattoo con earlier this month and she seemed really excited to see me even though i'd only met her a couple of times before! so, yes, definitely recommend dabs, definitely recommend kat if you want something in a paint-y style.

here it is so far (taken a couple of hours after it was done), plus some pics of the process

http://imgur.com/a/uYQEs

Last edited by mymphr; 05-31-2016 at 09:31 PM.
    Piercings: 2 lower lip, septum, left daith, earlobes, right eyebrow, right industrial
    Want: bridge, conch, maybe nape surface piercing

Tattoo: 3 hours on Van Gogh tattoo on right arm

I love it, I'm sure it will get lots of compliments, I have a Salvador Dali tattoo that everyone seems to comment on lol

I missed this somehow! I do admire Dali, well done!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Senior Member Piercedprincess84's Avatar

Looks great!!!
    ❤️ Sarah ❤️
    Pierced x27
    6 in each lobe
    1st hole stretched to 12mm, 2nd hole to 4mm
    Tragus in both ears
    2 Helix in right ear
    Bridge
    Right eyebrow x2