Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tongue Split Diary

Quote Originally Posted by James Q View Post
    How is the split now a couple months on?
    It's doing really well, totally healed but there's been a little bit of regrowth so he's going to go and get the free resplit offered in a few weeks
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Very interesting, it is something I've considered, particularly as my tongue bar is causing gum erosion, not sure though. I think HTT have done a stellar job though.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 2 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other:
    (Semi) Permanent eyeliner and eyebrows

He's going to book in for a re-split soon once his tattoo has settled down. Think I'll get my Christina done the same day
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Did he go for the re-split?
    If so how was healing second time around?
    And do you have a recent picture.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BFB71 View Post
    Did he go for the re-split?
    If so how was healing second time around?
    And do you have a recent picture.

Thanks.
    Hiya, yeah he did and just needed a couple of stitches and healing was a LOT faster. I'll see if I can find a recent photo for you soon.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thanks

Do you think you could have taken the stitches out yourself as they were a bit loose or were they still too stuck in with scabs? Also did HTT inspect them to see if there were ready to come out or is it just a standard amount of time that they use so they must come out.
    Current:
    2 orbitals,
    2 lobes
    2 nostrils
    Septum
    1 outer labia

Semi permanent eyebrows
    1 branding
    Approx 8 hours of tattoos

Retired
    2 forward helix
    2 helix
    2 snugs
    2 anti tragus
    Tragus pierced 3 times
    Nostril pierced 6 times
    Bridge
    Septum (now repierced)
    Philtrum
    Labret
    Smiley
    Nipples both pierced twice
    1 outer labia
    Tongue
    Traditional Navel pierced twice
    Upside down navel pierced twice
    VCH pierced twice
    2 dermal anchors

I personally could have removed most of them (I have some knowledge and a little experience of how to do this) but some where hard knotted and I wasn't sure where was best to cut and some I didn't know if they were even ready to be removed. They do check if they're ready to come out or not as it depends on the person and how they are healing.

My advice to anyone: Go to your piercer for every single step, they don't just check the stitches but the mod in it's entirety and can perform any extra work if needed at that point to make things totally perfect. They will also check the health of your tongue and the area it was split etc.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345