Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tongue Split Diary

I know right?!

Day 3

Swelling is down even more. Speech is getting better, he's experiencing a lot of tingling at the tips and some pain as well. He can pull apart both sides hands free which is funny. He says it's weird because his brain is still confused and sometimes it's telling his tongue to lick the inside of the split and then it wiggles and gets all confused etc. Really hard to explain haha! He got really bad dry mouth in the morning and his bottom lip is very dry all the time because he can't lick it! He managed to eat proper food, had steak pie, mushy peas and chips so that's getting better at least.

Will do Day 4 in a bit ^_^ didn't take a picture yesterday as it was looking pretty grim until we did some cleaning which involved some scraping and wiping with cotton buds, while doing this some of the stitches were coming loose but that's not unusual. I think he may still have some in by Friday when we go to get them taken out. He's still rinsing with water, keeping well hydrated and using mouthwash twice a day. Still taking ibuprofen as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

getting his tongue....split?? far braver than I. Good luck!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kurnis View Post
    getting his tongue....split?? far braver than I. Good luck!! :-)
    Yup it's been split....see the photos above

Day 4 - Sorry I've been ill so updating was delayed ^_^ less swelling again, some of the stitches are a little loose but none have come out. Managing to eat normally, eating anything small is hard because it just falls between the split. Some tingling, not much pain just irritation.

Day 5 - Talking almost normally now, stitches still in, really annoying, can feel them tickling/rubbing the tongue a bit. Some tingling in the tips of the tongue which is odd. Managed to eat pizza! Still drooling a little, especially at bedtime. No pain as such.

Day 6 - Pretty much the same, most of the swelling is gone. Going to give it a good clean before going into HTT tomorrow to have the stitches out, a lot of the lymph/scabs are firmly stuck there! Can wiggle the left side of the split independently too, whoo!

Photo from tonight:

bit of a break for the squeamish

Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Ohh it's the stitches that make me go "eeeeeeee" haha, although if I was ever brave enough for a split I'm pretty sure I'd go the sutures route. Good luck for tomorrow!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Ohh it's the stitches that make me go "eeeeeeee" haha, although if I was ever brave enough for a split I'm pretty sure I'd go the sutures route. Good luck for tomorrow!
    It's the healing for me, I'm a grumpy cow if my mouth is sore. Stitches don't bother me, I am fascinated by them haha!

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

It's amazing how quickly the tongue heals up! This is a very interesting read.
    Current:
    - Ear lobes x2 (right) and x1 (left)
    - Tunnel (left lobe) 10mm
    - Navel
    - Helix (right)
    - A half-rejected industrial (left)
    - Tragus (left)
    - Lip (left)
    - Nostril (right)
    - Conch (right)
    - Nipples (both!)
    - Septum

Pending:
    - Rooks (both), in the distant future

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxx-Returns View Post
    It's amazing how quickly the tongue heals up! This is a very interesting read.
    I know! It's been fascinating watching him! He was getting pretty miserable around day2 and 3 but loads better today and of course getting the stitches out will free up some movement and lessen irritation.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

You should see me if I have toothache or a mouth ulcer. I'm a miserable git too, hence never getting my tongue pierced, despite wanting it since I was about 12! haha!!!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I was mad grumpy after getting my tongue pierced. I'm tempted to get it split though. We shall see ^_^

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Week 1

Talking is nearly normal now, stitches came out today. He said it was a bit pinchy and uncomfortable but other than that it was fine and a relief to get them out. Here's how it's looking tonight:

The white patch to the left we think is the fistula from his old tongue piercing, it should settle and flatten out over time.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast