Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: pain of a tattoo?

I had near my collarbone (curve type of tattoo with song lyric) tattoo yesterday. It was not all that bad at all to be honest. It was done with a Rotary gun/machine. Which, I personally think are not as painful. - Anyone else find this? I don't like the coil gun/machines all that much.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix.

Sadly Retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    I had near my collarbone (curve type of tattoo with song lyric) tattoo yesterday. It was not all that bad at all to be honest. It was done with a Rotary gun/machine. Which, I personally think are not as painful. - Anyone else find this? I don't like the coil gun/machines all that much.
    Rotaries are just gentler on the skin with coils being more choppy/harsh. Then again there are some artists who are extremely highly skilled with coil machines to the point where they can make it hurt less than others but generally rotary machines are just smoother thus causing less pain.

There's pros and cons to both depending on artist preference of course ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I don't know what has happened - I had my chest tattoo re-done by another tattooist as I wasn't 100% happy with it. I was quite upset as my tattoo looked weird. The new tattooist said that what ever the ink was the last tattooist used was all "clotty". They tattooed over it again and looks better but OMG the pain was quite bad the second time around. I am so glad I had some Chuppa lollies with me. Every time I have a chest tattoo I cannot stop shaking.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 08-09-2017 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spellings

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Glad it's better now. I didn't mind my chest too much except near the crease of my armpit and when it went lower down into my breast tissue, that freaking burrrrned. Wouldn't like it going over though, 3 full days of it was enough for me.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thank you for being glad it is better now Hazel. It really healed up fast this time. Yes, lol.... I felt the burn! It was nearer to where my throat (middle) is where it hurt more. I don't blame you thinking of not having your one gone over again - 3 full days! A couple of hours on there was enough!

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Yas! Near the throat too, SO horrid, I kinda want my throat doing but when I think of that it puts me right off!

Aye 14 hours in total. Soooo worth it though
    Last edited by Hazel; 08-10-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Do you have a photo of your chest piece hazel? I'd love to see it!
    Left 6mm lobe, Inner conch, Industrial
    Right 8mm lobe, Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley, Left lower lip
    9 Tattoos

Yeah it's in the "show off" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Forgot to post this, all finished on Saturday, took around 14 hours in the end, I like how abstract she went with the feathers and the movement in the piece is just what I wanted, I didn't want something flat just stuck on there, it's not a great photo unfortunately but you get the idea:
    I keep meaning to get a thread up with all my tattoos on it. I am just SO busy right now with work, wedding and school holidays haha.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Wow, that is beautiful! I love chest pieces, yours is one of the best I've seen!
    Left 6mm lobe, Inner conch, Industrial
    Right 8mm lobe, Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley, Left lower lip
    9 Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by x__ejw View Post
    Wow, that is beautiful! I love chest pieces, yours is one of the best I've seen!
    Oh wow, thanks!

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast