Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    Is it normal for lobe piercings to smell awful?? I have a really weird thing that happens to my piercings no matter if they're 1 week or 1 year old the gunk that comes out always smells foul, even if I wash them and dry them and oil them or anything, some have titanium some have steel and they all stink, no matter what I do it's horrible and I worry that other people can smell it.
    Is there a way to stop that happening?
    Are you cleaning them every day?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Every day in the shower, and a couple of warm SSS as well while I've got the first lobes stretching again to see if it would help the gunk come out in case that's why it was stinking. But even my older second and third lobes that don't appear to gunk much still smell
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Maybe it's over cleaning. Try just rinsing in the shower.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

A wash/rinse in the shower should be enough, as well as cleaning the jewellery. A little oil massage before you put your clean plugs back in and there you have a nice little lobe care routine
    You don't need to SSS stretches unless they're damaged/irritated.

You could try wearing different materials. My lobes get very gunky with steel, less so with titanium or glass, almost none with buffalo horn or Kaos silicone. I don't wear acrylic.
    My non-stretched piercings get a bit of a smell to them sometimes, if this happens I just take the jewellery out for a clean. Sometimes you get a bit of ick stuck in the threads, or in any imperfections.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

They were a bit irritated after the stretch, now they're alright they just smell :/
    I wish I could stretch them faster cuz I have my goal size in wood and titanium plugs, but of course I don't want to rush it..
    I have a feeling it would be the steel, except my other piercings do it too, my OH had a stinky stretch with a steel plug and as soon as he changed to wood it went away,
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Metal makes mine smell a bit, (not foul though) so I stick to glass and stone now.

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

If you're wearing steel plugs, just get into the habit of taking them out in the shower, wash the plugs and your lobes and rinse well. Then an oil rub after the shower before putting them back in. Since you're actively stretching I'd recommend taking them out for a massage in the evening as well. Really does help. If you feel the need you can also wash the plugs with an anti-bacterial soap at this point, again rinse well and dry before re-inserting.
    Some oils have anti-yuck properties, like coconut oil and emu oil. I used holey butt'r when I was stretching, it has a unique smell all its own but I find that wears off quickly. (or maybe I just got used to it)

I have to wash my lobes and plugs daily if I'm wearing steel. Especially cheap steel. They get disgusting if I don't. Tbh I mostly wear glass these days.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Mines like glass the least (in that wearing glass makes them produce more gunk faster) which I find weird and annoying because I very nearly always wear glass!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Mines like glass the least (in that wearing glass makes them produce more gunk faster) which I find weird and annoying because I very nearly always wear glass!
    Mine were like this for nearly a year and now they LOVE it.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Ohh fingers crossed they learn to like it then! Tempted to buy some derlin from SSA for stretching further, but at the same time these plugs are so gorgeous haha!!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!