Thread: Ask the Community

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Could be all manner of reasons:

Poor placement
    Hitting a vein
    Piercing through unhealed scar tissue
    Poor quality jewellery
    Inappropriate jewellery
    Experiencing irritation (sleeping/hair/playing/hats/helmets) due to life style

Or sheer bad luck.

4 years is a long time. I'd have given up way before then (as long as I made sure all the above weren't affecting it).
    I'm thinking it's bad luck. Yes 4 years and I'm out of patience. I'm surprised I've made it this far myself.
    It's been about 10 years between the two piercings so I would hope scar tissue was healed.
    Curved barbell jewelry I am unsure of what it is made out of but no other piercings are irritated with the same style.
    Hair is long but doesn't get stuck and sleeping seem fine.
    If I finally give up does it matter when I take out the jewelry as far as it hopefully healing properly and not getting worse or leaving to many scar or bumps? Thank you.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 5 x Lobes
    Right ear: 5 x Lobes & 1 x Rook

Past piercings:
    Left ear: 1 x Auricle

Tattoos:
    Right Foot: "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." (done on April 26, 2012)
    Right Collarbone: Red Rose (done on March 14, 2013)

Scar tissue needs to be broken down with frequent massage.
    Curved anything in cartilage for healing or an irritated piercing is a poor idea.

Take it out whenever you like. Maybe before a shower then give it a good rinse. Once it's not hurting/bleeding/irritated any more you can perform firm massage 1-2 times a day with any skin friendly oil to break down any scarring.

If you want to get a similar piercing in the future (you don't say where in your ear it is) make sure you go to an excellent (preferably APP registered) piercer who will only use appropriate, implant grade, high-quality jewellery. A good piercer will assess your anatomy in full and check for veins closely, sometimes even using a torch etc.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 2 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Scar tissue needs to be broken down with frequent massage.
    Curved anything in cartilage for healing or an irritated piercing is a poor idea.

Take it out whenever you like. Maybe before a shower then give it a good rinse. Once it's not hurting/bleeding/irritated any more you can perform firm massage 1-2 times a day with any skin friendly oil to break down any scarring.

If you want to get a similar piercing in the future (you don't say where in your ear it is) make sure you go to an excellent (preferably APP registered) piercer who will only use appropriate, implant grade, high-quality jewellery. A good piercer will assess your anatomy in full and check for veins closely, sometimes even using a torch etc.
    As far as the jewelry...what is good to use for a helix piercing? It started with a hoop and that was bad that's why I changed it to a bar. What would you suggest.

Thanks for the tips and help. I think it's the end of this one.
    Current piercings:

Past piercings:

Tattoos:

A straight labret bar of excellent quality and made from implant grade material.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 2 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

A straight labret bar of excellent quality and made from implant grade material.
    Thanks dear! I appreciate it.
    Current piercings:

Past piercings:

Tattoos:

Quote Originally Posted by JayAreP View Post
    Thanks dear! I appreciate it.
    Anytime

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network