Default Nose stud change to ring?

So I had my nose pierced 5 years ago, just been told I have to wear a ring in it for my new job so had a ball closure ring put in, I did ask for a snug fitted ring. But now its inflamed after 4 days of having it in...
    Never had problems with it before and when I first had it pierced I used tcp for healing shouldi use that again? Really don't want to take it out!

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

do you know what material the ring is made from? also, is it the same gauge as the stud you had in before?
    how snug is it? is it tight and pulling/pinching etc the hole?
    if you're after a snug fitting ring you might be better off with an seamless or segment ring, when I had mine done years ago they did it with a bcr and the ball annoyed me no end!
    Last edited by Ford Prefect; 02-01-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

No don't know what martial it is but it might be that it is pulling a bit now you mention it. It's snug to the point the ball touches my nose when I twist the ring.
    I think it's the same gauge as the stood because it went in no trouble! I should go back and change it! Thanks for the help!
    piercings - lobes x1 14mm , auricle, tragus, rook, conch, nose, smiley and both nipples

Ok titanium is best, hard to know if its too tight without a piccy. Don't use tcp, give it sea salt soaks, 1/4 teaspoon to a cup of boiled water. Let it cool til its not too hot then soak your nose in it for minimum 5 minutes. Rinse with clean water afterwards.
    If its really unhappy you might be best to have a bioflex ot titanium stud fitted while you nurse it with the soaks until its better again then have the ring fitted, but make sure its titanium just to be on the safe side.
    Either way I would start with the soaks straight away as they will soothe it, and see how you get on.

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

Mind me asking what job would prefer you wearing a ring rather than a stud?
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Bigspanners View Post
    Mind me asking what job would prefer you wearing a ring rather than a stud?
    THIS!!! ^^^^^^

First thing I thought when I read the post lol!
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Great minds and all that
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Bigspanners View Post
    Great minds and all that
    Damn right
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.

my guess would be something in the food industry? As a ring would seem less likely to fall out than a stud. Not that I think a stud is likely to fall out but it's the kind of thing people think!

Have:
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon

I don't think people should be wearing piercings in the food industry at all tbh!
    27 hours of tattoo work