Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VCH jewellery size and type ? :)

Forgive my noobiness but what size barbell is commonly used in this piercing, and could i use 14kt gold for a first time piercing? or would titanium be better? cheers

Hey,i was pierced with a 8 mm stainless steel barbell.1.6.The bar was a bit small so i now wear a 10mm long bar.Titanium would be better,most piercers only pierce with titanium or steel,but it heals really quickly so you will be able to change it to gold once it`s healed.Oh it`s better pierced with a bar not a ring.hope that helps

Niccie
    Right ear.
    6mm,1.6 x2 lobes,1.2 Tragus,1.6 Conch,1.6 Scaffold.1.6 Auricle,1.2 x2 pinna
    Left ear
    6mm,1.6.3.2,1.6 Lobes,2.4 Conch
    Others
    Right nostril,tongue,labret,vch.
    Retired
    Nipples,outer labia, tragus x6, anti-tragus

sXe

i agree with what fluffy bunny said, its not recomended to get pierced in gold as it causes loads of problems apprently, i was pierced with a 10mm long bar but that was too short so i now wear a 14 i think he said, due to me being tall so everythings a bit longer

I have a 14mm bar in, but I think It's a bit long so I'm gonna get a 12mm one instead.
    Piercings - 5mm lobe, 6mm lobe , tragus, nostril, septum (2mm), 2 center tongue piercings, labret, right and left side of lip, VCH.

Retired - Scaffold, 2 x 1.6 Lobes

Thanks for the replies. The length of the bar is the length between the two balls isnt it?

yes dear

Lobes 22mm
    Second lobes 6mm
    Third lobes 1.6mm
    1 Auricle
    1 Pinna
    1 Vertical helix
    Right conch
    Snakebites
    Tongue 3.2mm
    Septum 1.6mm

Mine was pierced with a 12mm titanium BCR. I've changed around a bit from ring to bar and back again, tried 10mm and 8mm bars and an 8mm ring (which was cute but too tiny to be of any use ).

Finally settled on a nice purple 10mm BCR with a crystal jewel. Very purdy and does the business.

I was piercing with a BCR, but I didn't really like it and so I currently wear an 8mm curved barbell. I've tried 8mm straight, and didn't like that either

grahamprie

Just so you know - Pure Gold is what you'd need to be sure it's non-allergenic and it's too soft to stay in shape for a BCR ( unless it's really thick ) or to take a thread for the balls on the end of a barbell. Titanium and Niobium are perfectly safe, but they are hard to polish to a surface which you can keep clean.

Most 'Gold' jewellery is something cheaper with a thin plating on the surface, or a mixture ( alloy ) with other metals to make it cheaper. Most piercing jewellery is made from Stainless steel which doesn't bond well to Gold plating - it rubs off easily or is so thin it wears away, and Gold alloys 9Ct, 14Ct, etc. often include Nickel, which most people react badly to if it gets wet regularly ( OK for your wedding band, but not in a hood ). Even Stainless has Nickel in in unless it's the 316L grade, which is the most expensive, and used for surgical implants, etc.

And you thought all you had to worry about was if the size was right...

Keep piercing those hoods, and enjoy...

Graham

i was pierced with a 1.6mm 10mm titanium ring, which is the size i still wear now.
    a friend at the time had hers done with gold and she suffered (as the above replies say that can happen).

my ring is very snug, but i've had it nearly 5 years and sometimes i forget i've had it done, so when i look down its like "wow.... that is very cute" esp when i have my red crystal ball in the ring.
    have: 7 in each ear, right tragus, left nostril, tongue, vch, septum (19/11/06) tribal on left arm, nape, shoulders, below bra buckle &2 tribals across lower back, sun above bra buckle, mythycal cross on left leg.
    did have: 2 at the top, each side and bottom of my navel, surface chest piercing
    so want: bottom of button again, lip. vines on right foot & ankle, fairy on shoulder

http://www.myspace.com/braidyfairy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast