Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended UK Piercers

Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvyTasha View Post
    Shop Name: Skins and Needles
    Piercers Name: Kim Hutchinson
    Town/City & Area of the UK: Middlesbrough
    Why you recommend them: Kim is the best! She's done 8 out of my 10 piercings, and every single one was conducted efficiently and proficiently. She's someone who really knows her stuff, and is always happy to help with any queries or issues. From the offset she makes you feel very comfortable, and maintains a very friendly atmosphere, whilst remaining completely professional. Her portfolio is brilliant, and also vast, and some of the play piercing she's done are the most gorgeous things I have ever seen. She has her own area in the back of the studio with full privacy curtain which is closed for genital and nipple piercings, but you can ask for her to close it whenever. She offers all the piercings you'd expect, microdermals, skin divers, surface piercings (she isn't the type to pierce anything, I've heard her explaining to people their placement wouldn't work with a surface piercing, however skin divers would work and would they like to take that route), genital piercings, play piercings, and scarification (not sure if that's really relevant to this thread, but now you know anyway haha) I honestly wouldn't trust anyone else to pierce me at this point. Her facebook page is updated at least once daily, and I would link to it, but due to my post count I can't. Her business name is Skin Seamstress Body Piercing & Modification. Just an all round top notch piercer.
    Ah of course, yep I'll add Kim ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Adorkable_Monroe View Post

Shop Name:
    Inky G's tattoo and Punctured Body Modification

Piercers Name: Mac "Doctor-Evil" Mccarthy

Town/City & Area of the UK: Wolverhampton, West Midlands

Why you recommend them : Really nice clean studio it's a great environment and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Good prices and once or twice a month they have special deals on.

Source Links of example of work/info:
    Bio
    Youtube
    Facebook Gallery
    Facebook Page
    Thanks, will add.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by bluejen View Post
    I'm moving to Gloucester so would love to see recommendations for there
    Ash at no Regrets in Cheltenham is fantastic (about 10mins away from Gloucester) There are a few piercing shops in Gloucester itself, but I would definitely advise going that little bit further over to Chelt

Red face

Shop Name: Liana's Body Piercing and Tattoo Studio
    Piercers Name:
    Liana Burlo'
    Town/City & Area of the UK:
    Colchester, Essex, East Anglia
    Why you recommend them:
    Liana got my tragus and tongue done and it was fast and easy for me. Got two tongue bar downsizes, all were just as hustle-free. She usually numbs the area before getting it pierced (which I've heard is usually not good), but I didn't want to get my tongue numbed, so I told her and she said "Well, you're paying for it to get numbed, but if you don't want it, it's your choice." She uses titanium jewellery and says what she's gonna do before getting it done. I haven't had any questions for her, since I've found all the information I need in here, so I can't say how she responds to those. However, she does have a facebook group and she answers all questions, queries and concerns her clients have (or people who went to a different piercer and had it done poorly), so that's great. Her assistant, Torz, is really sweet and she explains everything about aftercare. Oh, and she gives 20% discount for students, so that's a huge yay!! for me. She also does microdermals and skin divers (not sure if those were different or not - never did the research, cause I wasn't interested, sorry).

Have: 4 R lobe + tragus + double helix
    3 L lobe + 2 lobe/cartilage (arguable) + rook + inner conch
    tongue
    L horizontal nipple
    VCH
    Want: Triangle
    Double nostril - same side (?)
    R ankle tattoo + ribs tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by NaD View Post
    She usually numbs the area before getting it pierced...she said "Well, you're paying for it to get numbed..."
    For that reason alone I can't recommend her sorry, if she's using a genuine anaesthetic then she's breaking the law and if she's using some kind of freeze spray then she's endangering her clients.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    For that reason alone I can't recommend her sorry, if she's using a genuine anaesthetic then she's breaking the law and if she's using some kind of freeze spray then she's endangering her clients.
    Oh my!! I wasn't aware of that, I'm really sorry.

Have: 4 R lobe + tragus + double helix
    3 L lobe + 2 lobe/cartilage (arguable) + rook + inner conch
    tongue
    L horizontal nipple
    VCH
    Want: Triangle
    Double nostril - same side (?)
    R ankle tattoo + ribs tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by NaD View Post
    Oh my!! I wasn't aware of that, I'm really sorry.
    You have nothing to be sorry for hun! I doubt she's using any proper anaesthetic as she'd have to inject it anyway and considering you're being stabbed with a needle anyway it makes it pretty pointless

And yeah "freeze" spray does either nothing, causes chemical burns, tissue damage, delay healing or a mixture of all of them.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

bluejen, I would also recommend you go to Ash at No regrets, he is brilliant.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

Shop Name: Stigmata
    Piercers Name: All the staff are great but I would specifically recommend Yaz
    Reason: Since I was about 11 I've wanted my ears pierced, just simple lobe piercings, and I've had them done at least 4 times all at different studios, and my ears have either infected, or rejected, the piercings. I had 18 carat gold, silver, platinum, everything. So finally I go to stigmata and the woman who runs the place spends at least 20 minutes with me listening to me explain all the trouble I've had with my ears. She tells me I need surgical grade steel 1.6mm rings instead of a normal stud, and books me in with the lovely Yaz for in half an hours time. I go in the room with Yaz and she asks me several questions about my piercing history etc, and she was absolutely lovely about it, really made me feel comfortable. She had my ear pierced and ringed in seconds (not an easy task when it's being done with a clamp piercer!) and then continued to chat to me for a while about various other piercings I may suit while I waited for the bleeding to subside.

In short, the staff are so friendly, really understanding of people who've had difficulty with bad piercings, and have enough experience under their belts to deal with anything you can throw at them. I felt really at ease in there which isn't a common feeling in tattoo/piercing places in Liverpool and the pricing is really good considering the quality of service. Any re-piercing or earing changes within the 6 months post piercing is free (or it was for me anyway), and you're guaranteed to come out feeling great.

Quote Originally Posted by MyDeafHavana View Post
    She tells me I need surgical grade steel 1.6mm rings instead of a normal stud,
    Sorry I can't recommend shops that break the EU regulation for using bio-compatible jewellery let alone saying rings are better than bars.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Shops name: Wildcat Ink, St. Stephen's Green Studio.
    Piercers name: Sorcha.
    City: Dublin.

Why I recommend them: Sorcha is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met. All the staff are very helpful. She brought me in to the piercing room, which appears to be very sterile and prepares all the equipment in front of you, so you are assured that everything is sterile. She explains the whole process, what is to be expected and was very thorough with the aftercare. She even gives everyone a lollypop at the end. The perfect treat!

just look up wildcat.ie and head to gallery and you'll see her profile. (can't put up links yet)