Default Sideburn Piercing

Hey guys,

I've been thinking of getting my sideburn pierced. But people have recommended surface anchors from my research anchors are more unstable then surface bars, and they pretty much have the same success rate if placed correctly with quality jewelry. From observation the sideburn seems to be an area of limited movement, which could possibly lead to it healing successfully unlike higher movement areas like hips, which generally have a really high rejection rate, due to the constant movement.
    Please don't tell me surface anchors have a 2% rejection rate there basically surface piercings as well. And I have had surface anchors before and they healed well, but constantly flared up after a duration of 6 months for sleeping on them. I heard the punch and taper technique seems to be better, but will it make any difference if done with a needle? Is there a high rejection rate for sideburn piercings Your help will be deeply appreciated and I thank you in advance and if you could please respond to this thread.

Is that the same as a surface tragus piercing ?

I think all surface piercings have a high chance of rejection. But if it's done properly with the right jewellery, and if you look after it correctly, you'll have the best possible chance of keeping it for a long time.

As for the method used, I think it's all up to your personal choice and what method your piercer is most comfortable with. People have successfully healed surface piercings done both ways, so just talk to your piercer and see which method they prefer to use.
    -x-x-

I'm Stacey ^^

Slugs have four noses

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, helix, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH.

Pretty much as above thb it's your decision, both have their pros and cons. A bar would leave a bigger scar than MD's but possibly last longer. However no one can predict what will happen to you, so many factors involved.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    18 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

I'm curious as well, as this is something I'm contemplating.

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

Southampton, UK... Close to Spectacular...!

I love doing these...! Surface Bars !

I've seen more horrible scars from badly performed Surface Anchors (Dermals), closely followed by Surface Piercings done with PTFE.

When placed correctly and cared for the longevity of a Surface piercing is greater than any Surface Anchor which are at best permanently temporary.

Surface piercings including Anchors are high maintenance, but if you put the leg work in look fantastic.

Look around, find someone that knows what they're doing, ask to see pictures of their work.

"
    Pass the crystal, Spread the tarot, In illusion comfort lies..."

This is the next thing I have decided to do. I'm thinking of getting it with the surface bar and put flat gems disks or whatever they're called - my main thing is I feel this would be more dainty than using a cruved barbell with then the balls (which most balls are then round and would not sit flush to the skin or they have but are very metally looking). Any opinions on this?

Curved bars NEVER last in surface piercings, so they shouldn't really be considered an option in the first place.
    Valhalla Tattoo & Piercing
    -
    Let Another's Wounds Be Your Warning -

Thank-you