Default Thinking of taking out my nipple piercings..

I've had my left nipple pierced for nearly 6 years, and my right nipple pierced for just over 1 year..
    They are some of my favourite piercings but due to my boyfriend genuinely getting creeped out by them, I thought I'd
    do something selfless and take them out for him; with my nipples being key for getting me off, his reservations about
    my piercings are you know.. well.. I want to make things easier for him.

So basically.. since I got my nipples pierced I started getting increased sensitivity - but my worry is, will this lower when I take them out?
    People worry about losing sensitivity when they get them pierced but my question is will I lose sensitivity when I take them out?
    Or should it stay the same?

Has anyone else had/done the same?

Thank you

They may just go back to normal but no one can guess what your anatomy is going to do, only one way to find out.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

I'm guessing you've known this guy less time than you've had your piercings. Perhaps he should be the one to adjust to you rather than you removing piercings that took a fair amount of your life to heal and become part of you?
    Valhalla Tattoo & Piercing
    -
    Let Another's Wounds Be Your Warning -

I have been thinking about this for a few months but these are two which he just cannot get on board with, he's adapted well to the other 13 :/ but I guess he just finds it weird as it's never been part of his culture. He's telling me I don't have to for him, but I can see it in his eyes he just doesn't find them sexy (crazy I know haha)

3 months vs. 6 years...

He's basically asking (without saying) you to be the person he wants rather than the person you are.
    -

We've been together much longer, but what I said is I've been contemplating taking them out for a few months. Not to sound like a bitch, but I'm not here for relationship advice; how it goes is we both make compromises to make each other happy - and I'm okay with this. All I'm asking for here is feedback based on other people's experiences on sensitivity after taking out nipple bars, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by robinh00d View Post
    All I'm asking for here is feedback based on other people's experiences on sensitivity after taking out nipple bars, that's all
    You'll get varying answers, again no one can predict what's going to happen to you, there's no average or usual when it comes to piercings and anatomical reactions to them or their removal.

If you're taking them out regardless then you'll get your answer.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

I just personally dont see why someone would consider taking out something they wanted for themselves for the sake of someone else. Though didn't mean to start anything by it, i've just seen a lot of regret in the body mod world, people getting tattooed names covered up or things re-pierced. It's why I caution all my clients on making decisions about their personal body based on the wants or actions of someone else. I saw a woman that was married for 20+ years get her husbands name tattooed upon their chest one week as a surprise for his 40th birthday. He left her the same day he saw it and she came back in tears asking to have it covered up. Anecdotal, sure, but just throwing it out there as personal decisions made on the actions of others just doesnt sit well.

If it's something you want to do then consider the following: your nipples will be permanently altered from how they looked pre-piercing, you will get a build up of sebum every few weeks in the not quite closed holes as the fistula is likely to heal back in the middle but not all the way to the entrance and exit of the piercing. As for the sensitivity, that is, as above, unanswerable. Some people lose sensitivity when getting pierced, others gain it, some get it back after removal, some lose it after removal. It's entirely different for everyone. Also, you may want to try taking out the piercing you've had for 6 years for an hour or so and see how uncomfortable you feel, it's surprising how used you get to a piercing being there after so much time and it just doesnt 'feel' right without it. At 6 years you may be able to get jewellery back in should you want to renege on your decision, where as the 1-2 year one will heal up a lot faster.
    -