Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Double Forward Helix Swelling. - Is this normal?

Hello everyone!
    It was pierced about a month and a half ago. I am concerned about the swelling :( There are no bumps and the piercing is not migrating or anything like that. I don't have enough posts for a pic but ill do my best to describe it! It looks puffy and a little bit red at times. It does not hurt a whole lot, only when it is touched. I've been lazy with my SSS soaks, but I do clean them quickly every morning and night with a SS spray.

Is the swelling normal? When can I expect it to subside and what can I do to help it along?
    If the swelling isnt normal, what is it and what should I do about it?

Thanks!

Some swelling is normal, has it been swollen the whole time or is it just swelling now? It might be a problem with your jewelry... do you have rings in, or barbells that are too long? Jewelry that moves around too much can cause irritation and swelling.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

It's been swollen since about two wks after the initial piercing. The barbells are of adequate length, they're not too long and they don't get knocked around much. For a while I was cleaning behind them with Q tips.. I'm thinking I irritated them that way. How do you recommend I go about continuing to clean them? I have 9 other piercings and when it comes to cartilage I think my body is just a pissy healer :(

I think some swelling at this stage is normal. Ideally you want to be doing sea salt soaks, just soaking your ear rather than poking with q-tips

Now
    : 8/9mm lobes. 6mm septum. double conch.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punch.
    central labret. L nipple. industrial. 9 tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Thanks! Soaks are just sooooooo time consuming :( I know it takes like ten minutes but boiling the water znd preparing the solution bla bla. I need to stop being lazy! I wanna post a picture and show you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by vikki45600 View Post
    Thanks! Soaks are just sooooooo time consuming :( I know it takes like ten minutes but boiling the water znd preparing the solution bla bla. I need to stop being lazy! I wanna post a picture and show you guys!
    Just post the url with the http or www missing off.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

flickr.com/photos/91621806@N06/8319041381/in/photostream

I would get the jewelry changed and downsized. You should get a labret stud put in there. The placement is a little weird (it's really far back, toward your hairline) but I don't know if that could be the cause. Is that a curved barbell?
    current piercings- ears: scalpelled 3/4", left ear: conch, triple forward helix. right ear: just the stretch. navel, venoms (double tongue), tongue web, left and right nostril, cheeks, VCH, septum, vertical labret

retired: 'monroe' x3, tragus, 2nd lobes, navel x1, center tongue ring, snake bites

tattoos: almost complete left sleeve, nape, ankle, stars on ribs and each hip, puzzle piece behind left ear, alice in wonderland thigh piece, "stay gold" right above feet

They're curved barbells. I don't want a labret stud because they're only 2 mo old and I feel the backing wouldn't allow them to breathe. The piercings are placed properly, the swelling just happened outwards (given the anatomy around the piercing, that's the only way it could swell)

Do you think the extra swelling and irritation could be the result of getting both piercings at the same time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast