Default Roof of mouth is sore from tongue piercing.

Hey everyone!

I've had my tongue pierced a month or two now. It's healed up and haven't had any real issues with it, however today morning waking up the roof of my mouth is darn sore. I changed out the piercing a few weeks ago so the bar isn't the longer piercing bar they use. The ball ends are made from acrylic. I'm not quite sure what happened, all I know is when I eat the ball end pusher against the roof of my mouth and it hurts. I don't want to have to take out the piercing so I can let my mouth heal, is there anything else I could do? A rubbery top ball or something smaller and flatter?

Hopefully it was just irritated and heals on its own. Thanks for any help regardless
    Piercings: Tongue, Ears

Tattoos: 1

Sounds like it's still too long, go see a piercer and they can fit you with something better or get a bar with flat ends or not made from acrylic as that could well be causing the irritation as many people are allergic to it.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

I'll look into some flat end bars. The pain is pretty much gone from what it was yesterday, so that healed quickly. Wanted to make sure this isn't going to be an issue. Thank you =]

Southampton, UK... Close to Spectacular...!

Have a look out for Neometals M&M threaded ends, supposed to be great for Tongues...

"
    Pass the crystal, Spread the tarot, In illusion comfort lies..."

Seems the incident was due to having a dry mouth while sleeping. I have a feeling I was pressing my tongue up against the roof of my mouth as well as moving it around. Causing the extra irritation.

Another question if anyone knows an answer. As far as I've read it's common for the tongue to develop a white layer after piercing. It doesn't seem to be going away so I bought a tongue cleaner thinking I had to show it who's boss. Scraping was un-successful and the only reason I ask is because it's been some time since I had my tongue pierced. Around 2 months, give or take a week. Still normal or...?