Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Long Before I Can Change Nose Piercing

Hi,

I'm just wondering how long you guys think you should leave a nose piercing before changing to a ring, I've heard conflicting times from piercers, ranging from 6 weeks to 3 months so was just wondering what's the best. I really want a ring in it but don't want to do it too soon and cause problems.

Thanks!!
    Have: Both lobes x 1 ~ Left & Right Tragus ~ Both Nostrils ~ Right Inner & Outer Conch ~ Right Helix ~ Tongue (2012)

Want:
    Second Lobes ~ Left Daith ~ Second Left Nostril ~ Philtrum ~ Left Triple Forward Helix

Retired:
    Right Helix ~ Tongue ~ Right Lobe x 2 ~ Left Lobe x 3

Tattoos
    : 1 wrist, 1 upper back ~ More to come

Minimum 3 months though only if you experience no problems with it at all. Usually more like 6-9.

Well, as long as there are no problems like improper jewellery, jewellery allergy, swelling, infection, or other issues, then not before it's healed. Cartiledge can take between six to eighteen months to fully heal.

Also depends what jewellery you have in there now, as you didn't mention it.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (9mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (11mm), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

it's a surgical steel pigtail stud, and the gem fell out a week after i got it.
    Have: Both lobes x 1 ~ Left & Right Tragus ~ Both Nostrils ~ Right Inner & Outer Conch ~ Right Helix ~ Tongue (2012)

Want:
    Second Lobes ~ Left Daith ~ Second Left Nostril ~ Philtrum ~ Left Triple Forward Helix

Retired:

Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    it's a surgical steel pigtail stud, and the gem fell out a week after i got it.
    I'd get a good piercer to swap it out for something higher quality, titanium and bent to fit your anatomy.

I concur dpack's advice on when to change. I think I changed my screw out at 3 months for one with a smaller end on it and changed to a ring when it was about 6 months old. Use your own judgement with it though, if it's not behaving or healing well then leave it longer.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Thanks, I did ask another place about changing to titanium but they suggested I wait longer unless it was causing problems. It's my own fault for being impatient I usually travel an hour and a half to see a good piercer, when I got this done I went to a local one - didn't realise until it was done they didn't stock any titanium jewellry!

Want:

Retired:

Tattoos

I'd tend to agree if it's doing ok and it fits ok then no matter, the gem falling out would make me want to change it tho lol!
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Hehe yeah it is annoying, but I figure I can just deal with a gemless stud for a while lol, the last thing I want to do is cause a bump!

Want:

Retired:

Tattoos

If it is still tender after 3 months I wouldn't take it out, I've had to have my nose re pierced twice because it closed up

I waited 7 months to change from a screw to a ring at the piercing studio. No issues with healing whatsoever the whole time, but it probably still wasn't enough in my case. The hole kinda started closing in that short time after the nose screw came off and the piercer went to grab the nose ring, and so my eyes were watering like mad as he tried to fit the ring in. It was pretty sore afterwards, but with some TLC it healed back up pretty quick...until the dreaded bump appeared couple weeks later. Lots of SSS later, and it is now back to normal. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Moral of the story? Even if it feels completely fine. WAIT.
    Current: 5.0mm(L) + 6.0mm(R) first lobes, second and third standard lobes, navel, nose, side labret, VCH, tragus, nipple (L)

Wants: snug, medusa, triangle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast