Default Dry skin around a nose peircing

So, I had my nose pierced recently, I'm rubbish at keeping track of dates but I reckon it's been about 16 weeks or so (give or take, my memory really is awful).

Anyways, I won't bother going into it all but had a pretty traumatic experience with the initial jewellery, which resulted in me getting a (veeery small) bump around the outside of the piercing. No biggy, some SSS then leaving it alone for the past few weeks and it's gone.

But now I'm finding the skin around the piercing is a bit dry and flaky. I'm 25, and been moisturising since I was 14, and obviously after the piercing I didn't want to be getting any in a fresh wound so have been avoiding that nostril ^^
    I guess this dryness is just a result of lack of moisturising the area like it's used to.

The piercing is now looking fairly settled, it still hurts if I catch it, and I don't feel its ready for a jewellery change yet (I'm aware they can take a fair while to heal), so I'm assuming it's still too early to start using my normal moisturiser? What would you recommend to keep the area around the exit hole moisturised?

Thanks for any tips/advice!!

(The jewellery is titanium btw, so I doubt I'm having a reaction to anything, it just feels dry).
    Hai, I'm Nox!!
    Several stabbings, & planning my first tattoo
    ~Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder ~

Emu oil or a very light unscented moisturiser maybe or vitamin e, jojoba etc but emu can be used on healing piercings.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Emu oil or a very light unscented moisturiser maybe or vitamin e, jojoba etc but emu can be used on healing piercings.
    Ah brilliant, i knew these were good for stretching massages but no idea they could be used on fresh piercings too
    which would you recommend as being the least oily? i really hate shiny skin :p

Thanks again for your help
    Hai, I'm Nox!!
    Several stabbings, & planning my first tattoo
    ~Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder ~

Emu oil is ok to use on healing piercings, don't know about any other oil, emu oil isn't like a typical oil, just make sure you get pure stuff.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

unscented moisturiser

use vaseline. it doesnt irritate or dry out and it lasts for a long period of time. i had my septum pierced and had to do the sea salt soak twice a day. my nose was flaking. but vaseline really helped. just apply a really think layer on the dry area and kind of rub it in
    good luck!