Unhappy Bleeding bump on nose piercing

I've had my nose pierced for 1 year now (it will be 1 year on Wednesday) and for AGES it has had a bump. I think since March. It healed by itself but kept on coming back. I've now had a bump since the end of August. I clean it with saline solution everyday (once or twice). I've tried rubbing alcohol on days the bump doesn't bleed, it didn't help. Sometimes I pop the bump with a q-tip and it bleeds and there is puss too. But then a scab always grows over. It annoys me so I pick at it - I continuously do this, yeah, it's a vicious cycle. I have to sleep with a plaster on my piercing every night because it always always always falls out, I thought maybe having the plaster over it makes it worse but there's nothing I can do as it prevents it from falling out. My piercer just says to use saline solution and the bump will be okay. I think I need to do more... it's so unattractive and I hate talking to people incase they notice it :(

What could I do to stop the bleeding and to get rid of the bump ASAP? I love my nose piercing so much I don't want to get rid of the piercing :(

Have you had a read of the bump thread at the top of this forum? May well answer a lot of your questions and give you all the advice and things to try to assist it.

Also please don't use alcohol on it, it will do nothing but make matters worse same with popping it and covering it with a plaster.

Sounds like you need some better jewellery in there as well.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    22 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Have you had a read of the bump thread at the top of this forum? May well answer a lot of your questions and give you all the advice and things to try to assist it.

Also please don't use alcohol on it, it will do nothing but make matters worse same with popping it and covering it with a plaster.

Sounds like you need some better jewellery in there as well.
    Thank you redraven for the advice! I think I'll get a new nose stud today, and try to get one that has a stopper, or just put in a stopper so a plaster isn't needed

A screw or mini labret is your best choice, make sure it's good quality and made from titanium or ptfe/bioplast.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    22 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules