Default Forward Helix Piercing Pain

Hi I got my forward helix pierced yesterday and I found it more painful than my tragus and after having it done I found it painful to smile and open my mouth to eat etc. just wondering if this is normal. Thanks
    Heyya I'm Emily And I'm 20

I Currently Have
    Tragus 29th May 09

Studds

Navel 28th August 09 -Rejected :(

Forward Helix 17 Sept 12

Want
    Conch

Helix

Yep tis normal, it's had a needle shoved through it after all, expect pain from it for a week or 2, if it gets very sore, red, hot, excessively swollen, irritated or oozes green/grey pus then it may be infected. How are you cleaning it?
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, nostril, septum, 2 wrist MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 2 nape MDs
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

well I had it done yesterday evening so I've had a shower this morning and what I'll do it boil some water let it cool and put a little sea salt in it and bathe it but I need to find some after care solution that I bought from here but I dunno if it will be ok as I got it last year

I Currently Have
    Tragus 29th May 09

Studds

Forward Helix 17 Sept 12

Want
    Conch

Helix

Don't bother with the solution, just soak it in SSS 1/4 tsp to a mug of water or just rinse it in the shower, it should settle soon, any pics?
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, nostril, septum, 2 wrist MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 2 nape MDs
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.

I Currently Have
    Tragus 29th May 09

Studds

Forward Helix 17 Sept 12

Want
    Conch

Helix

Looking forward to getting a smaller hoop in it

I Currently Have
    Tragus 29th May 09

Studds

Forward Helix 17 Sept 12

Want
    Conch

Helix

Oh my life, that's a big ring!! They should be done with bars ideally, you may well encounter some issues along the way with that in there, get it changed out by a piercer if you do.
    27 hours of tattoo work

Mine hurt for like 3 months! But that really bad pain only lasts for a few days so don't worry!

Smiling is a bitch with a forward helix, huh? :P I know the pain. But I agree with Hazel, that's a HUGE ring. You will definitely encounter issues with that, as most people who wear CBRs do, especially in ears.

I have had my triple forward helix done for over 3 months now and it still hurts. :( Not like it did when I first got it pierced, but it gets cranky. Piercings are huge commitments so take good care of it, do the soaks and perhaps get your piercer to switch to a labret when the swelling/pain subsides some and before that if it gives you a ton of issues.
    current piercings- ears: scalpelled 3/4", left ear: conch, triple forward helix. right ear: just the stretch. navel, venoms (double tongue), tongue web, left and right nostril, cheeks, VCH, septum, vertical labret

retired: 'monroe' x3, tragus, 2nd lobes, navel x1, center tongue ring, snake bites

tattoos: almost complete left sleeve, nape, ankle, stars on ribs and each hip, puzzle piece behind left ear, alice in wonderland thigh piece, "stay gold" right above feet

Mine doesn't really hurt, and I have three in my forward helix. It does get itchy, and sometimes it will be a little sore, especially if I'm not careful using the phone or something.

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2