Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tragus and Triple Forward Helix!

So today I went and got my triple forward helix piercing. I had been looking forward to it for quite some time. I went to a differant parlor than I was using, because a friend of mine is an apprentice there. I had talked to the piercer, Ryan, a couple weeks ago, and I was impressed with him and the shop. He took me back in the room, marked my ear first to make sure he could do it. Then he went about cleaning my ear. While cleaning it, he accidently bumped my helix piercing, which I had done a month ago. It was still pretty sore any time it got bumped, which I thought was normal. Turns out, it really wasn't fine. I had developed keloids, and it was very unhappy, almost infected. The guy I normally went to had pierced it at a really weird angle, with the front hole in the right place, but the back was almost into my conch. Basically it wasn't healing at all. Ryan took out the jewelry, which was a curved barbell. He took the time to clean my ear, and lance anything that needed to be lanced, all the while apologizing that he had to, because he didn't want me to get an infection. That more than anything impressed me.

After that, it was time to get pierced! I was also getting my right tragus done (I know, I'm bad), so he did that one first, which was painless! I bled a little, and he put some gauze by it to staunch the bleeding. Then he moved on. I have to say, he made me feel really at ease, teasing me about my small ears, about my long hair getting in the way, and I teased right back. The first hole wasn't really painful, but I felt a twinge in the top of my head, which was weird. The second hole hurt a bit more, but wasn't bad. He let me get a drink after that one, and then it was on to the third one. That one definitely hurt, and bled a lot. Ryan also pulled my hair a bit, so I had to pick on him about it. And that was it! He put in the final labret stud (which he was putting in as he pierced each hole), cleaned me up the best he could, as I was bleeding, put gauze around it, and let me look. I love them! He did such a great job, and I was really impressed how clean he was, like changing his gloves after touching anything, wiping everything done, opening everything in fron of me, and so on, and the way he did his best to make me comfortable. My piercings don't hurt, except occasionally a little stinging, but other than that, they look great, my fiancee loves them, and I even got told I look younger, lol! I will post pictures when I can!

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

Ergh, 4 new cartilage piercings healing at once? And then you said your month-old helix was pretty angry and on the verge of infection. Even though you took it out, it ideally needs time to recover before getting a bunch of new holes. All that could be a lot of strain on your body, but I hope it turns out okay for you.

Post some photos? You can post a URL and put spaces in the middle.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Make sure you up your protein intake as it'll need it to heal all your new piercings. Sleep well and as I'm sure you know, don't touch them!

aha my tragus hurt like a bitch good that it went well and Ryan was so careful about the cleanliness of the place. Bet they look pretty!
    Hi, i'm sophie (:
    fitness lover film lover animal lover

♣ ριεяcιηgs ♣
    double lobes
    tragus
    naval
    ♢helix

planned:
    ♢snug

They look amazing! My fiancee loves them! I did the smart thing, I have one of those neck pillows, so I put my ears over the hole so I don't sleep on them, which really helps.

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

Day Three
    There is still a little swelling, but everything seems to be going well! I haven't had any pain, unless I forget they are there and bump them. I've been keeping up with SSS 3 times a day. I love them! I took pictures, they are on my profile.
    Last edited by witchywoman80; 09-02-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

One Week
    So far everything is good. The swelling has gone done, and I don't really have a lot of crusties. Keeping up with SSS twice a day, and rinsing them good in the shower.

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

Three weeks
    No crusties, This is healing really well. I pretty much LITHA now, rinsing them well in the shower. I accidently bumped my forward helix, it hurt for a moment and then was fine.

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

I'm kind of sad. The ball on my tragus piercing came off in the middle of the night, and I found the bar next to me. So it's retired until I get it repierced.

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

How much does the triple forward helix usually cost? I am in desperate need of a new piercing and I think this may just be it

Quote Originally Posted by BlissOn3rd View Post
    How much does the triple forward helix usually cost? I am in desperate need of a new piercing and I think this may just be it
    It will vary from piercer to piercer and depends on where you live including which country!
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    22 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast