Unhappy stretched lobe, major swelling :(

heyy guys wondering if someone can help me out here. ive been trying to stretch my lobe from 3mm to 4mm for over 3 years now. at first i figured i did it too quick, so left it for 3 months, tried again and it swelled and started pussing, left it 6 months, tried again etc etc etc. this time around i have left it for well over a year, im using vitamin e oil to massage the lobe, using an acrylic taper and putting a steel tunnel with o rings straight through (not wearing the taper as jewellery!) it doesnt hurt when i stretch it, just over night it swells up and starts itching somewhat. i made a point to not even sleep on the side my new stretch was on last night (im so tired now..) does anyone have any thoughts on how i can get it to stay and stop swelling, or am i doomed to be at 3 forever?

How did you get to 3, ie from what size, what increments, what method, length of time etc
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    22 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

i got to 3mm from having a normal stud piercing (the ones you get with a gun when you're young) to 1.6 after years of having them pierced, i oil massaged them a lot and just popped a 1.6 ring in. then i waited another year and put a 2mm cresent in and changed that to a BCR shortly after. i had 2mm for 3 months before deciding i wanted to get it to 8mm to match my other lobe. 3mm was no problem, i used another cresent and put a silicone tunnel in, and have been trying to get from 3 ever since! i always use oil to massage them before stretching and it always goes in fine with no pain!

What jewellery do you wear normally? It's possible you're having an allergic reaction to either the o-rings, or the steel tunnels.
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

Same thing happened to me. Allergic to the rubber o rings.

that could be it! i haven't worn steel in my 8mm tunnel in years but i never had a problem them, always wear silicone or wood now. i'll buy a new tunnel and see how i get on thanks guys

Silicone can be irritating for fresh stretches, so maybe switch to something like glass until it settles down.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Yeah I'd go for glass or titanium, silicone and wood are porous and not bio compatible. Fingers crossed it settles for you!
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    22 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

One of my ears reacted to silicone and I had a blowout but the other one was fine. It's not always the case that because one of your ears is ok with a material, the other one will be too.
    Violet Gothique
    23 piercings:
    2 stretched lobes 12mm, 4 lobes, scaffold, tragus, 3 helix, conch,
    bridge, nostril, medusa, 2 snakebites, 2 tongue, 2 nipples, navel, christina

Retired: rook, eyebrow, munroe, 3 arm 2 central labrets, tragus surface piercing

Facebook - Twitter