Default Prince Albert Piercing and Video

Hi Everyone

This is my first post, so please be kind.

I am looking to get my first piercing, which I have decided will be a Prince Albert. I just love the thought of having that piercing in mini me! Haha! I've done all the research and I'm absolutely ready to go.

I do have a bit of an unusual request though. I would love to have my piercing videoed. I don't know if this seems a bit strange, but I assure you I am 100% genuine. So, my question is does anyone know of a studio in the UK that would be willing to do this? I'm happy for the piercer and/or studio to use the video as part of their portfolio, as long as I can have a copy.

I also have a couple of questions about the piercing itself. What is the best size to go for initially? I'd quite like to go for a small ring at first. Finally, is titanium a good metal to go for? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the different metal types?

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the forum!

First, I'd ask the intended piercer if it is ok with them to have a camera present. Then, if it is ok, maybe ask a friend to go with you and film away whilst you are being pierced? Obviously, if you look at YouTube, there are quite a few already out there!

Size-wise, I was pierced at 1.6mm with a titanium ring. Always the material of choice since others may be rejected by your body. Finally, if you do want to size-up then you should wait for months to give the initial piercing time to heal and settle. Good luck!
    First piercing: 1.6 Prince Albert - now 6mm. Latest additions: apadravya; ampallang (the magic cross!)

Videoing is a nice idea but please don't see it as a priority! Base your choice of piercer on someone who is good first, not who will let you film. In the EU it's actually against regulations to use anything other than biocompatible materials in new piercings which leaves you with titanium or PTFE. Steel shouldn't be used as many people will have a reaction to the nickel content in it which can cause problems. Some piercers in the UK sadly will still try to use steel so avoid them!

When you say size I assume you mean the gauge/thickness of the ring. The piercing should never be done any smaller than 1.6mm some advocate that 2-3mm is even better as an initial gauge, the choice however is up to you. If you do want to stretch up in future, wait until it is healed and then add another 6 months on top of this so the fistula is fully healed and able to withstand stretching without any disastrous results.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe
    17 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

See my PM, should answer a lot of your questions. :-)

Hi,

how will you think (gauge) stretch it?
    4g? Big ring? or stay at 16-8g?

Go for it

I'm thinking to have a PA, too and I'd love to have it videotaped. I think that the moment of the piercing deserves to be recorded!