Cool (Pics inside) Double Conch and Double Helix

CONCH PIERCING

Conch and Helix (sad face) photos below and a re-piercing question.

Almost a year ago I got my first conch pierced (1st diary) and pretty much 2hrs after getting that done I regretted that I didn't get a double/triple conch. I was worried about the pain of the actually piercing so opted to only get one at the time. My first conch never gave me a problem but I was advised it was best to wait as close to a year as possible before getting another one.

Three days ago I finally got my second conch done. I wanted it above the one i previously had. At first she said she wasn't sure I had enough room because I have small ears but i was pretty set on getting it above and she managed to do it. Just like the first one the piercing process was over really quickly and it didn't hurt at all. I was able to sleep on it the first night without any problems. My first conch piercing bleed a lot when it was pierced this one didn't bleed at all. I actually wanted a triple conch doing but decide to get a helix done on my other ear instead as I wasn't sure if i'd even have the room for a third. I still have a desire for a triple conch but I'm happy with my double conch for now.

My double conch from the front.
    The top one is the new one and even though it doesn't look it from the picture the ball is mega tiny. I wanted the balls the same size but because of my small ears I had to have a tiny ball and I prefer it with one normal size ball and one tiny ball.

Side Views at first I wasn't happy that the new conch wasn't straight and that it was pierced at an angle but when i saw the back of my ear I realised why she had to pierce it at a angle other wise the backs would have been over lapping. From a front view you can't tell that the bar is at an angle it's only when you look from the side.

Back View

My goal not sure it's possible is to in another years time get another conch above the one i've just had done. Then have them going down/up in sizes so 1.5mm ball at the top, then a 2.5mm ball in my middle conch and the bottom one with a 4mm ball.

Helix Piercing

My new helix piercing lasted about 6 hours The bar they put in was really tight and as the day went on the pressure got really bad. It started to really swell and as it was my birthday I really didn't want to go out and spend the whole time checking to see how swollen it was getting. I had no time for the next couple of days to go back and get a longer bar put in. So I took it out called them the next day and explained that I took it out because of the bar being too short and they said come back in a few weeks and they will re-pierce it for free.

When I took the ball off blood came pouring out my ear instantly swelled all the way over the bar so even if i wanted to put the ball back on there was no way as the swelling had engulfed the bar to the point you could no longer see the bar. The removing of the bar from my helix hurt more than the actually piercing. The throbbing and pressure on my ear subsided as soon as i removed it. I did a sea salt soak and basically have just left it alone to heal. This was the 2nd or 3rd time I've had my helix pierced in the same spot. I had to retire the others because again the bar was too short I think i have a fat helix and then when it swells on top of that the bars they use for standard peoples helix is just far too short for my ear. When I go back to get it re-pierced I will make sure they use a extra long bar. The piercing itself didn't hurt much considering this is the 2nd or 3rd time it's been pierced in the same spot.
    HOW long should I wait before going back and getting it re-pierced?

My helix just after I'd had it done. It didn't last long only got one photo of it.

After I removed the piercing...
    Last edited by Adorkable_Monroe; 06-10-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    In that moment i swear we were infinite....

Piercings I have:
    Double Conch Recent double conch diary
    Click the Link for photos of my conch ⤴ ⤴ ⤴
    Left Tragus
    Left Helix
    Right Lip
    Left Nose
    Double Lobes

R.I.P
    Right Eyebrow
    Right Helix x2

Personally I'd go to a piercer who will put in a bar/labret that's long enough to account for swelling. Given that it was only in for a matter of hours it's probably closed already. Go for it.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I am so jealous that you have room for multiple conch piercings. My ears are really small so I can only fit one!

I would personally wait a week since you had it for such a short time, but that's probably overkill. Explain what happened to whichever piercer you go to, I would also bring the bar along so they can see how long it was and not make any assumptions.
    Current:
    left ear: 12mm lobe, 4x 1.2mm lobes, inner conch, tragus, industrial, forward helix
    right ear: 12mm lobe, 4x 1.2mm lobes, inner conch, rook, helix
    others: nostril, 2x nipples, VCH, 2x nape microdermals

retired: septum, navel

I'm still craving another conch so might be a little cheeky and see if they will pierce my conch instead of re-doing my helix for free. My helix has a lump on the back and front of it.

If they say no to doing the piercing for free because I'm changing the location I want piercing (which they have every right to refuse) I'd rather just lose that money I spent on the helix I had to remove rather than get my helix pierced again in the same spot for the FOURTH time.

Healing

Healing is still going really good no issues with it just the occasional crusties.

Piercings I have:
    Left Tragus
    Left Helix
    Right Lip
    Left Nose
    Double Lobes

R.I.P
    Right Eyebrow
    Right Helix x2

Those look really painful!

Ahhhhh I have serious conch envy, it's definitely next on my list!

My conch is all healed Already itching to get a third one but first want to get some anatometals for my perfectly healed conches.

I never did get my 2nd helix re-done, in the end decided I didn't have the patience to heal two piercings at the same time.

Piercings I have:
    Left Tragus
    Left Helix
    Right Lip
    Left Nose
    Double Lobes

R.I.P
    Right Eyebrow
    Right Helix x2

Ahh I love your piercings! And the photos themselves, very clear :3 like the others said I like your Conch piercings, very pretty! Congrats on the healing too.
    Hi, i'm sophie (:
    fitness lover film lover animal lover

♣ ριεяcιηgs ♣
    double lobes
    tragus
    naval
    ♢helix

planned:
    ♢snug