Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wanting a Female Genital Piercing

Okay, so I've been dying for a female fenital piercing for quite some time now. I don't know why, I just really like the idea of one. I'm currently not sure about getting either a VCH or two labia piercings (inner or outer; again, so unsure!)

But getting a genital piercing is kind of a bigger deal/scarier than a 'regular' piercing. x) So I thought I'd come here and ask a few questions, see if anyone has any experiences they can share.

Firstly, how long do they take to heal, what's the aftercare like, how painful are they, etc. etc.
    Secondly, would any of these piercings have any effect on my sex life? Like, would it be more pleasurable for me or my boyfriend, will it prevent certain things, is it more likely to tear, etc. etc. Also, one thing I am quite curious about is, if you'll excuse the TMI, my boyfriend and I like to use toys; is there anything we won't be able to use if I do get something pierced (e.g., will vibrators make the piercing sore)?
    Thirdly, I live in Essex, (or in Lincoln when I'm at university); does anyone have any piercists to recommend in either area? As this is certainly one piercing I don't want doing wrong. =P
    Fourthly, not that I'm going to any time soon, but do genital piercings interfere with giving birth/pregnancy? As in, do you have to remove them, or can you keep them in the whole time, etc.?

I apologise for being a little bit personal but they're all things I want to consider before I go for this piercing.

Thanks in advance, guys. =)

Jx
    Last edited by Jester; 05-28-2012 at 07:25 PM.

I ll answer for VCH as I havent got the other - although Im thinking about it!

I dont think its any worse than any other piercing if anything its less painful and quicker to both get done and heal than most other piercings.

Healing is quick and aftercare for me was a daily rinse in the shower. Felt a bit bruised for a day or two after the second time but I did get it deeper and at a larger diameter that time. You probably should use condoms while its healing aswell.

Pleasure wise you dont get a great deal generally - I quite like it though. I think it would be best to avoid toys directly on it as not to irritate it I often take mine out now to avoid putting pressure directly on it with toys.

I cant see any problem during pregnancy but you might be advised to take them out to give birth but that would be your choice which you could decide nearer the time. No recommendations round there Im afraid but have you thought about a Triangle?

Firstly, how long do they take to heal, what's the aftercare like, how painful are they, etc. etc If you have a look on here you'll find some experiences, things going through a thin membrane like a vch or inners are usually a short sharp pinch when done and usually relatively pain free afterwards, healing is fast and usually not problematic at all. Outers are different, they can hurt more (but pain is based on so many different aspects it's hard to say) I've had a VCH and outers and my outers hurt more than my VCH during and afterwards, I also found healing longer but I also found my outers didn't heal at all really but that was more down to anatomy and lifestyle. But outers in general will take longer than thin membrane piercings. Aftercare for both is SSS or just leave them alone and rinse in the shower.

Secondly, would any of these piercings have any effect on my sex life? Like, would it be more pleasurable for me or my boyfriend, will it prevent certain things, is it more likely to tear, etc. etc. Also, one thing I am quite curious about is, if you'll excuse the TMI, my boyfriend and I like to use toys; is there anything we won't be able to use if I do get something pierced (e.g., will vibrators make the piercing sore)? As for pleasure no they won't do anything really, some people experience a little heightened sensitivity in a VCH as their body adjusts to it but after that nothing with physically feel different, same goes for inners/outers, however knowing it's there and the way it looks can be a turn on for many. You'll have to watch how rough you are but for most people they can do pretty much everything they did before, it's a case of listening to your own body, if it hurts, don't do it! Once healed toys won't make anything hurt, just know that using a metal vibe will feel odd against a VCH lol!

Thirdly, I live in Essex, (or in Lincoln when I'm at university); does anyone have any piercists to recommend in either area? As this is certainly one piercing I don't want doing wrong. =P
    Theres Jesters in SE9 the piercer is a lady from this forum called Vix (may need to contact to see if they do VCH's), also Darren at Notorious Ink in Camden but I don't know if they as a shop do VCH's but Darren is experienced in doing them, worth getting in touch. Also there's a recommended piercer's thread here but also do your own research as that thread is now a little dated.

Fourthly, not that I'm going to any time soon, but do genital piercings interfere with giving birth/pregnancy? As in, do you have to remove them, or can you keep them in the whole time, etc.? You'll probably find removing them for the birth would be for the best, this is because you never know what will happen during it, c-section (ie surgery) or other internvention which may mean the piercings get in the way of instruments etc also the area can stretch during a vaginal birth, a lot, so yeah personally if I had metal in my pants when I was pregnant I'd have probably retired it mid way through pregnancy really or least near the end.

When researching a piercer only go for someone you're comfy with, ask as many questions as possible, with regards to a VCH they will have to assess you first to see if you're anatomically suited (most women are) also ask about jewellery, VCH should be done with a curved (occasionally straight) titanium barbell, not steel and not a ring, also ask how they pierced, any mention of clamps then don't go to them, should always be done with a receiving tube, clamps increase the risk of poor placement or folding the hood over and ending up with a botched hood surface piercing.

Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

If you are anatomically suited for a VCH, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to do it if I were you. Unfortunately, I was not lucky enough to be born with enough tissue there - I don't pass the q-tip test - not even close. :( I can't imagine a downside to a VCH, and they are just so darn cute.

I do have four outer labia piercings (all 6g.), I have never regretted them for a second. Yes, they take longer to heel, but compared to my navel, ears, and nipples, the labia were a breeze. Trust me!
    Current: tragus (r); daith (l), helix (r), navel, nipples, outer labia x 4

Retired: tongue, septum, christina

Tats: nape, ankle, lower back, pubic

Firstly, how long do they take to heal, what's the aftercare like, how painful are they, etc. etc.
    My VCH was about a 5/10 in regards to pain, but was done straight after my triangle so I was already sensitive down there. So if you're getting it on its own it should be fairly painless. Felt healed within a week, I generally use the LITHA method so I did nothing aside from my usual morning & evening shower. 1.6mm curved barbell in ze VCH.

Outers, about a 3/10 on the pain scale. I would honestly say it took about a year for them to stop being completely pissy (again LITHA method).They were healed enough within about 3 months but to totally stop the bumpage etc it took a good year. I have straight barbells in them btw (1.6mm).

Secondly, would any of these piercings have any effect on my sex life? Like, would it be more pleasurable for me or my boyfriend, will it prevent certain things, is it more likely to tear, etc. etc.
    You might feel like the VCH gets in the way a bit, personally I love mine but I know other people have felt it was more of a hindrance. Outers are generally purely for aesthetic reasons, but I treat all my genital piercings as aesthetic only.

Also, one thing I am quite curious about is, if you'll excuse the TMI, my boyfriend and I like to use toys; is there anything we won't be able to use if I do get something pierced (e.g., will vibrators make the piercing sore)?

As long as the piercings are healed there shouldn't be any issue with soreness, but as Hazel mentioned vibes can feel a bit odd against a VCH. Not to mention nosier haha!

All my genital piercings have been done by Darren (d_pack1) when he was in bexleyheath, highly recommend him but again check that Notorious Ink do these piercings (I'm sure they would)

Fourthly, not that I'm going to any time soon, but do genital piercings interfere with giving birth/pregnancy? As in, do you have to remove them, or can you keep them in the whole time, etc.?
    I haven't been through this yet, and probably won't for a veeeery long time lol but I imagine if I still have my hidden shinies at that point then I will retire them. It's bad enough that most of downstairs will be stretched/torn, don't want to add to the risk!
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Thanks for all your responses, ladies. It's been a big help. ^_^

It's also made me feel less self conscious of getting one done, as I know it's not the 'norm' but it's just nice to talk to people who are so open about it... Nothing to be ashamed of! Which only makes me want to get one more. =P

I've contacted Notorious Ink, but not had a response yet. I'll try contacting Jester's a bit later; it's just I have a feeling NI will be easier to get to from where I am.

Sarah;; isn't a triangle underneath the clitoris? I've not actually come across any photos of them (clearly, I've just not looked hard enough. x) ). Maybe it is something I should look into; although at this rate I'm going to end up with more piercings in my nether regions than the rest of my body.

polythene_girl;; I assume LITHA stands for 'leave it the hell alone'? If so, that's my usual method of looking after new piercings. But I am glad to hear that they don't require any extensive or special aftercare! =)

I have just thought of another question (sorry, I'm asking so much. >_<), but will having any kind of genital piercing increase risks of cystisis or other UTIs at all? Or is it one of those 'if you look after it okay, you'll be okay' things?

Thanks again! =)

Jx

You're right, there isn't anything to be ashamed of and I'm quite glad that the body mod community in general seems to be more accepting of people's bodies - if only our society in general was more body- and sex-positive, but that's a rant for another time *sigh* I'll type up my experience because I know when I was looking into it I wanted as much info as possible!

After reading so many stories about women who found their VCH 'painless' or 'just a sting' I went in without a single worry - I did find it quite painful to be honest, I'm quite good with pain but I just happen to be very sensitive there, but it was over so quickly and once the jewellery was in there was absolutely no pain. Even the bumpy tram ride back was fine! I had it done at The Piercing Urge so no worries about quality. Take a liner with you, I didn't bleed when I had it done but the next day there was a drop or two of blood. I used the LITHA (leave it the hell alone) method as I do with many of my piercings.

As for the procedure, my piercer used a receiving tube (if they use clamps, run away!), a blade needle and the jewellery was internally threaded titanium. I also got to see everything being autoclaved. I really can't fault them and I'd recommend you ask around to find piercers who use good quality jewellery and a receiving tube when they do a VCH. Even though it's fairly common as far as genital piercings go, so many 'piercers' screw this one up.

Vibes are fine and aren't louder in my experience, but I don't have metal ones. I'd still advise against them in the first few weeks to be safe, even if things feel fine you don't want to accidentally tear it! And keep them clean!

You shouldn't be at risk of UTIs or anything unless you get one that goes through the urethra - the Princess Albertina comes to mind. You will have a higher risk of getting STIs as far as I'm aware, as you will have a new wound, so exercise caution there. Your own body fluids are fine but others can cause trouble, even with a long term partner, so condoms are always a good idea too. Actually, if you tend to share vibes I would wait until you're fully healed because of this.

I'm actually looking at getting a triangle next and will be going to the same place to get it done, the only problem is it's very anatomy-dependant. You can see a few pictures on Elayne Angel's website and the BME wiki, both also have some good information about them. You need to be able to pinch the nerve bundle away from your body, which I certainly can do, but then I've read some piercers won't do it if you have large labia or thighs... blah... I'll let my piercer check it out anyway! lol
    Current:
    left ear: 12mm lobe, 4x 1.2mm lobes, inner conch, tragus, industrial, forward helix
    right ear: 12mm lobe, 4x 1.2mm lobes, inner conch, rook, helix
    others: nostril, 2x nipples, VCH, 2x nape microdermals

retired: septum, navel

As said above Elayne Angel's website is ther place for info on triangles - very anatomy dependant but just about the only thing that may give increased pleasure

Try sending Darren (Dpack1) a PM on here with any questions you might have. He did my triangle, and to be honest, I'm so glad I trusted him with it, as he did an awesome job and knows his stuff.

If you have nothing there so far, a VCH is a good starting point - quick to heal and a thin amount of tissue so the piercing itself really doesn't hurt (IMO). If you go on Elayne's site you can get info on doing the 'Q-tip test' to see if you are anatomically suited for it. A competant piercer will only be able to tell you if you are anatomically suited to a triangle.
    Current piercings
    4x L&R lobe (2-00g 1sts *GOAL!*),Conch - Conch Industrial, Left helix, Right daith, Right outer conchx3, Paired nostrils, Centre Lip, Medusa, Tongue, VCH, HCH, 2x inner labia, Septum, double triangle, triangular fossa V.2, tragus V.2, Dahlias

Current Other mods: 14 hours of tattoos and a 2nd generation magnetic implant

"It's not infected. Stop touching it."

Hopefully NI will let you know soon if they can do VCH's, some London boroughs do not allow female genital piercings sadly.

As for UTI's and STI's no it won't aggravate the chance of a UTI and STI's can be avoided by using condoms anyway, I'd never ever condone sharing of sex toys really unless they're made from specific materials and you are able to clean/sterilise them properly.

Triangles are indeed anatomy dependant and not just if you can palpate the bundle away from the body as most women can do this, if you have large/fleshy outer labia then you are not likely to be suited, reason being when your legs are together or when you're sat down etc it will very often put pressure on the jewellery forcing it to twist and turn and not sit correctly, also it will prevent it from healing and cause pain/discomfort. This is why I can't have one, it would be impossible as it wouldn't ever sit right, just like someone's ear may not be suited to an industrial, it's no different.

Do look into it though, I think Triangles are lovely, in fact it's probably the only genital piercing I'd get but I'm not suited and I couldn't heal outers either :(
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast