Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bleeding Nipple Piercing...?

I had both my nipples pierced Saturday, as a female, and done by a proffesional regular piercer.
    Ever since Sunday I've been noticing, after work, scabbed blood on the pierced area of my nipples. It's not bleeding excessively, like it's not staining my bras or shirts or anything, and I'm only seldom getting a slight twitching pain on either of them at random times.
    I'm wondering if it's because it's just catching here and there, and perfectly normal? I'm wearing 1.6mm titanium barbells.

Oh, also, I'm not using anything to clean the piercing. My piercer told me to not use SS for this one or anything
    Left Ear: 10mm Lobe, x2 1.2mm Forward Helix
    Right Ear: 10mm Lobe, 1.2mm Tragus, 1.6mm Conch
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue
    Other: 1.6mm Double Horizontal Nipple x2

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

*Doing stupid things for sensible reasons*

Sounds perfectly normal to me, mine did that after I got it pierced. (It still does if I catch it on something, it's only a few months old.)

Out of curiosity, why were you told not to use SS?
    “With some effort, I recognised the underlying design, which was based on a very old pattern, the briar rose. Somehow Master Tielhard had kept the dramatic vigor of the archaic lines, yet infused them with a subtlety that spoke at once of the vine, the bond and the lash. The thorny lines were stark black, accented in only a few choice hollows with a teardrop of scarlet”

Yeah, I think it's mostly scabbing, though.

My piercers very unfond of too much Sea Salt, as most should know too much or too little can make any situation worse, she only suggests it when your piercings seem to not be healing right 1-2 weeks in and during them 1-2 weeks just clean it in your shower and not play with it, which I perfectly agree with with most piercings; most the time your body should just look after it naturally, unless you have my ears and wait years for them to heal right :P
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

I've always had good results with using saline solution at the beginning or when they're irritated. My piercings find it soothing. I always buy saline rather than making sea salt soaks myself as I can't be bothered trying to make up the correct concentration up myself on a regular basis I know using a solution that's too concentrated is bad for piercings as it can dry them out, which is another reason I prefer to buy rather than make.
    “With some effort, I recognised the underlying design, which was based on a very old pattern, the briar rose. Somehow Master Tielhard had kept the dramatic vigor of the archaic lines, yet infused them with a subtlety that spoke at once of the vine, the bond and the lash. The thorny lines were stark black, accented in only a few choice hollows with a teardrop of scarlet”

That's normal, and I use the LITHA method too. All of my piercings have/are healing fantastically! I always found, I kept sssing too much so it caused more problems.

(Leave It The Hell Alone)

It is normal. But in my non-professional opinion,you should clean your piercings, but not too much. SSS worked really fine for my nipple piercing.

To be fair she is cleaning it, just with plain water not SSS which is perfectly fine and what I have done with the vast majority of my piercings.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    18 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Courcel View Post
    I've always had good results with using saline solution at the beginning or when they're irritated. My piercings find it soothing. I always buy saline rather than making sea salt soaks myself as I can't be bothered trying to make up the correct concentration up myself on a regular basis I know using a solution that's too concentrated is bad for piercings as it can dry them out, which is another reason I prefer to buy rather than make.
    I think I'll give it a while before I consider it irritated, right now I'm just assuming, especially with mostly positive comments (which I thank those for, by the way ) that it's going through it's ''hey, I'm new, what the hell am I doing here?!'' kind of phase and wait for it to settle a bit, like a new kid in a school or something... Don't ask where I'm going with this one.
    I also purchase my own solution it just makes it much faster for me

Quote Originally Posted by Lolarofl View Post
    That's normal, and I use the LITHA method too. All of my piercings have/are healing fantastically! I always found, I kept sssing too much so it caused more problems.

(Leave It The Hell Alone)
    Hahahha, I like the sound of the ''LITHA'' method, I've never heard it been called that but I'm liking it
    My conch right now is still healing (ear piercings heal slowly with me), but it's mostly up to my fault, they just get so damn itchy D: ah well, I'm learning to fight it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Quaver View Post
    I think I'll give it a while before I consider it irritated, right now I'm just assuming, especially with mostly positive comments (which I thank those for, by the way ) that it's going through it's ''hey, I'm new, what the hell am I doing here?!'' kind of phase and wait for it to settle a bit, like a new kid in a school or something... Don't ask where I'm going with this one.
    I also purchase my own solution it just makes it much faster for me
    I like that story of yours. LOL! I want to see where it goes! :p

Quote Originally Posted by Quaver View Post
    Hahahha, I like the sound of the ''LITHA'' method, I've never heard it been called that but I'm liking it
    My conch right now is still healing (ear piercings heal slowly with me), but it's mostly up to my fault, they just get so damn itchy D: ah well, I'm learning to fight it XD
    hehehe, LITHA is the best.
    No scratching!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast