Default Tongue Stretching Diary

So a while ago I decided that I wanted my tongue split, I had been thinking about it for a while and honestly I had been itching for a tongue split. I am still in the early days of the process I want to take in order to have my tongue split.

Anyway on to the stretching.

I decided that the best way for me personally to prepare for a tongue split would be to stretch my tongue piercing. I have only just started this process and am unsure as to how large I will go and if I will eventually get my tongue split.

I did a jewellery order at the weekend which included a 2.4mm taper and 2 2.4mm barbells. My piercing was originally at 1.6mm, I had bought a 2mm barbell but decided to try for 2.4mm.

The taper arrived on Tuesday but the barbells only arrived today. I had been putting off stretching my tongue all day as I had a few things to sort out. I eventually plucked up the courage to do it at about 9.45pm tonight. I was still fairly nervous but decided to go ahead and do it, so I removed the 1.6mm barbell from my tongue, slid the taper in to as far as it would freely go without any pressure and then applied a small amount of pressure and before I knew it the taper was through. Now came the tricky part, I thought it would take longer than it did to get the taper through so I hadnít taken the ball off the barbell. I finally got the barbell part way through my tongue and then I thought Ďoh noí, the taper had fallen from my tongue, thankfully I was able to get the barbell in anyway.

In the first few minutes after putting the barbell in I felt a bit of pressure as my tongue isnít used to such a large gauge barbell. Within 5 minutes I had taken some ibuprofen to help reduce swelling and I am currently sitting at my computer with a fairly painless tongue which is only sore when I move it rigorously, it has some pressure as I only have a 12mm barbell in which if my tongue has swollen or is unhappy I will be going to a local shop and getting a larger one tomorrow. For now my tongue seems quite happy.

Thanks for reading and I will update you tomorrow.

Zara xx
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Good luck to you! i was lucky in that 2mm and 2.4 slid through with no resistance at all. 3.2 a tiny bit of resistance on one side - i'm going to 4 in a couple weeks. i hear that after 5mm it starts getting tricky, are you going to 5 or 6 before the split?
    Hi, I'm dungeoneer, but you can call me Pam!

Piercings:
    L Ear: 7mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial
    R Ear:7mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 2 x helix
    Other: 6mm Tongue, 4.5mm lip, Septum, bridge/erl, Christina

Retired:
    Left eyebrow
    bodged industrial

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    Permanent eyeliner
    Neck Ports

Good luck My tongue is at 4mm (6g) and I love it
    I'm Leanna

Piercings:

Ears: Left - (3/4") lobe, 2nd lobe, helix x2, Conch, Outer Conch
    Right- (3/4") lobe, 2nd lobe, helix x2, Conch, Forward Helix
    Both nostrils
    Double septum
    Centre labret
    Snakebites
    Medusa
    Tongue 4g

RIP:
    Cartilage x10, lobe x 4, bridge,
    navel x3, hand web, centre labret x2, snakebites x2, 1st tongue piercing,
    tragus x2, vertical labret, eyebrow, lowbrets, smiley, forward helix, labia, both nipples

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    Good luck to you! i was lucky in that 2mm and 2.4 slid through with no resistance at all. 3.2 a tiny bit of resistance on one side - i'm going to 4 in a couple weeks. i hear that after 5mm it starts getting tricky, are you going to 5 or 6 before the split?
    Thanks

I'm not sure how large I'm going yet, I've only planned to go to 3.2mm as far as getting jewellery goes at the moment but I'm sure I'll go larger if I can.

Also thanks F3TISH, I might end up going to 4mm but I'm not sure yet lol

UPDATE:

So it's a little swollen today, I might end up going down to the piercing studio to get a longer bar as this is only a 12mm as I said yesterday. I am slightly speaking with a lisp but that is me doing it and not the tongue being too swollen to speak, I usually do this anyway when I am tired so it's is nothing new.

It is a little tight so I'm on the ibuprofen and cold drinks at the moment until Luke finishes work at 4pm so I'm gonna see how it is then.

Other than that there is nothing else new to report.

Zara xx
    Last edited by ZaraLynziHodson; 04-27-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr