Default Ear Stretching w/ Proffesional

When it comes to most things, especially body modifications, it's always good to go to a proffesional to get it done. I've always lived by that. Never have I pierced or anything on my own, or done anything to my piercings without the advice and word of a proffesional piercer, only thing I've ever done is expand my views of others experiance and stretch my ears.

Which brings me to my point; I once went to go get my ears stretched proffesionally, as I was only at a 6mm, I'd had it in for months, and it wasn't stretching for me, as when it comes to stretching, I ''listen to my body'', and small sign in knowing it's just not going to go well. I stop.
    The piercer didn't have any 7mm tapers in so I went for the 8mm, why not, it's dead stretching at this point. Seconds in she already just passed 7mm and it was bleeding and I was in pain, a lot. And I had to pretty much beg her to stop, so she took it out and put my old plug back in.
    Now, I know what you're thinking, people should generally stop when it's bleeding, the only time my stretchers have bled was on that day, so I left it at 6, again, for even longer. And this piercer *is* a highly trained proffesional and considered best in my area, so, this brings me to my actual point.

I have plans to get some money sorted, then my apprenticeships, and become a piercer, and I'm not completely sure if I'd want to stretch people's ears. I know some people who are just too thick to really understand the full precautions and damage it can do to your ear if done correctly (I know, right now I'm lecturing a mate because they've already not self pierced their ear, but skipped 3mm's up on the first week... And people like that I just can't stand, why do things you don't know about or even acknowledge the dangers to?), and I'd like to advise people in how they should do it, and do it for them and maybe earn a bit of dosh in the process, but I'm also strong to the word of that people need to go at speeds where their bodies telling them to go; I won't really know how their feeling and them whining when their in pain when it's really just the slight pressure isn't going to help me, and I might just end up being the kind of customer I was to my piercer; trying to get my ear stretched but can't take it because my body, even after months on end and correct healing, wasn't ready. I'd be wasting time, and time is money.
    And, though I'd know what I'd be doing to these customers correctly, what if they lied about having their ears stretched for the whole healing phase and it just ''looked'' good and was just fresh? And then it has this really bad blowout and I get the blame?

PS, for those of you who were interested, my ear did finally stretch in the end ^^ after leaving it for a few months after my piercer had a go at it, it seemed like it was already 7mm after it being there for so long, and all the way up to its current diameter (10mm) it's all a breeze just working up the other ear, now. After downsizing it at one point and in general thinking I'd only stretch one side. So that one's at 8mm.
    Left Ear: 10mm Lobe, x2 1.2mm Forward Helix
    Right Ear: 10mm Lobe, 1.2mm Tragus, 1.6mm Conch
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue
    Other: 1.6mm Double Horizontal Nipple x2

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

*Doing stupid things for sensible reasons*

Put simply, the piercer you went to cant be that reputable if they offer a stretching service.

The way we handle this in my studio is to flat out tell people we will not stretch your piercings under any circumstances what so ever. No exceptions.

Being in the piercing industry is not something you do for money, you do it because you've a passion for the job. I've made over 400 in a day when the going is good but i've also sat at a counter for 8 hours and made just 12. Even on days like that i will not ruin my professional integrity by offering something that i know wont work or will cause distress and complications to the client.
    Valhalla Tattoo & Piercing
    -
    Let Another's Wounds Be Your Warning -

I wasn't seeing piercing as simply a buisness, I've always had a thing for body mods and the art of them
    Left Ear: 10mm Lobe, x2 1.2mm Forward Helix
    Right Ear: 10mm Lobe, 1.2mm Tragus, 1.6mm Conch
    Facial/Oral: 1mm Double Nostril, 1.2mm Double Eyebrow, 1.2mm Labret, 1.2mm Smiley, 1.6mm Tongue
    Other: 1.6mm Double Horizontal Nipple x2

Retired: x1 Anti-Tragus, x1 Septum, x 1 Industrial/Scaffold, hundreds of standard ear piercings

*Doing stupid things for sensible reasons*