Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tragus... some questions

Seriously considering getting my tragus I've only just had my left rook done - for symmetry's sake I guess i should get the tragus in the right ear. But I always sleep on my right side, and in any case, I don't think I want to wait 1 year + for the rook to heal. Sooooo do you think it would look weird to have one cool ear (rook, tragus and stretched lobe) and one boring ear (normal lobe)? I could always even it out by stretching the right lobe too, though I kind of like the idea of just doing one.

What do people think?

Also, how long should I wait after getting the rook if I do it in the same ear? Will it compromise the healing if I try to heal two at once? (though I could do one soak for both
    15+ tattoos including both sleeves, back, neck, hand, foot
    Current piercings: lobes (L 3.2mm, R 2.4mm), left rook,left tragus, tongue, nostril.
    Retired: labret, nipple, navel, 3x lobe

I would say it depends on how ocd you are with symmetry! haha, I don't see anything wrong with having one 'cool' ear and the other just a standard lobe. I started out just stretching my right ear though and ended up stretching both because I couldn't stand having uneven ears.
    Re. healing two at once, I believe this is ok but i'm sure someone with better knowledge will fill you in.

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

Get what you want, if you like the way it looks that's all that matters!
    Healing rule is no more than 3 healing within a 3 month period so you'll be fine
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

I'm kind of OCD with my piercings being on my left side, I dunno why. I did have my right nostril but it fell out and I never really liked it on that side anyways. Now I have my nostril, tragus & two cartlidge (done with a gun many years ago) on the left side. I have both lobes done twice but don't currently wear anything in either side. Ha, just realized my tats are only the left side too. I'm really nuts, lol.

Current
    Tragus - left
    Nostril - left
    Lobes - left & right (x2)
    Cartilage - left

Retired
    Nostril - right
    Cartilage - left & right

Wanted
    Snug

Well I have my tragus and rook in the same ear and they look great together! But it's really up to you, are you going to get piercings on the other ear to even it out? Are you okay with having one cool ear for the time being? Are you worried about how you'll sleep healing one on each ear? Think about your options and decide which you'd rather. If you're going to get them on the same ear I suggest at least a couple months in between in order for your rook to settle and start healing before you introduce another piercing.
    ~Gabby~

Current
    -
    lobes, helix, forward helix, conch, outer conch, rook, smiley, tongue, nose, navel, nipple and wrist dermal
    Want - anti tragus and daith
    Retired - snakebites, tragus, helix and bottom navel

Healing 2 at once is fine, how do you think people heal industrials....?
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

I think I will get it done on the same side as the rook... I may get piercings in my right ear one day if i want to look more 'even' but that's the side I always sleep on/hold my phone to so I'd be more likely to knock/annoy it.

I won't be getting it til the end of next month so although the rook will still be healing, it won't be quite so brand new.
    Current piercings: lobes (L 3.2mm, R 2.4mm), left rook,left tragus, tongue, nostril.

Just so I'm sure... What's the best initial jewellery for a tragus? Barbell?

^ I'd imagine a labret would be best?

It's what I'd ask for if I was getting mine pierced anyway.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Yeah I knocked mine a few times because I'd forget it was there :\ and yeah I think it's best to let your rook settle. A labret stud is best in my opinion because it's flat at the back.
    ~Gabby~

Current
    -
    lobes, helix, forward helix, conch, outer conch, rook, smiley, tongue, nose, navel, nipple and wrist dermal
    Want - anti tragus and daith
    Retired - snakebites, tragus, helix and bottom navel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast