Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Normal ear studs in helix piercings?

Is that even correct? I've been thinking about getting my helix pierced but I was always under the impression they're pierced with barbells. My cousin has a normal pearl earring in her helix and it looks kinda weird and another girl in my year has the type of stud from a gun piercing - the gold butterfly back stud with a jewel, you know the kind. So my question is are piercers more likely to put a regular ear stud or a barbell/labret in? The idea of a normal ear stud kinda makes me cringe.
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

If you go to a decent piercer they should always use labrets/barbells.Butterfly back are breeding grounds for bacteria because of the books and crannies in them,something you don't want near a fresh piercing.Butterfly studs are also often made of low quality materials and are too small a gauge for cartilage piercings,Putting you at risk of the 'chessewire' effect.Plus imagine how horrible the pointy backs digging into your head would be if you rolled onto your helix in your sleep?
    Hey there Face=Nostril,Septum,Labret L.Ear=Tragus,10mm lobe,Rook R.Ear=Industrial,10mm lobe, Misc=Navel
    Grand total of 9 piercings One full forearm tattoo
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1053166560

Yeah that's why I don't like the idea of them at all. I'm thinking of getting a double helix but I want them done with barbells or labrets, I feel like normal ear studs would feel too tight in a cartilage piercing if you get what I mean?

edit: oh you already said what I mean about the gauge thanks. Do you reckon it would be better to get both piercings at once? or get one then wait before I get the other?
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

Just wear proper body jewellery made from titanium and go to a good piercer who doesn't use guns. Get them at the same time, one lot of healing etc
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    18 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Yeah the thing is Hazel I've heard both the places in my town use a gun for the top of the ear and I won't be going out of town for ages :( Might ring up and ask around but the piercer in my town was the one who did my belly and she seemed kinda strange

Shame hun, guess you'll just have to wait :(
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    18 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

I'll have to see if my dad will take my to Hull haha. I heard kathmandu is pretty good for piercings

Wow just wow is all I can say. The studio who did my belly pmed me back on facebook and said they do cartilage with a gun for 15 with the tacky gold ear stud. They said its easier with a gun and that if I want it done with a needle then they will charge me 5 more and on top of that the price of a barbell. I'm staying clear of my towns piercing and tattoo studio for sure.

I've worn butterfly backs in my helix's before.. it's grim. I lose balls for barbells continually so sometimes I have to wear crap jewellery.. it's not the end of the world if they are fully healed but not really recommended :P

BECKY.
    current:
    2g lobes, 16g second lobes, tragus x2, conch, helix, nape, tongue.

retired: industrial, navel, helix x2, conch, forward helix, septum.
    planned: VCH.

Helix piercings should be done with titanium labrets or bars.

Once fully healed, you can wear whatever the fudge you like. (or whatever your ears will accept)
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast