Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Laser eye surgery (and rhinoplasty)

Just wondered if anybody has any personal experience of these procedures and would like to share experience and advice

I am planning on having a laser eye consultation soon for a quote but undecided to where as to go yet. I am very short sighted (-5.50 and 7.00) so expecting a higher price than the average that is advertised. Any experience is welcomed! Pain, price, recommended companies etc.

Rhinoplasty is abit further away, mainly cos of the cost, I would have that over eye surgery if I had the money. Costs, peoples experience again welcomed, and any pictures pre and post op if anyone has

thanks!
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Double Lip (snakebites?)
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH
    • Retired Centre Lip - To be returned!

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!

My bf's daughter had extreme short-sightedness (like an 8) and the company said they could give her 20-20 vision (bf didn't believe them). They did, but only for a short time. She went back and got re-done cos she's stubborn :P and yes it did cost a lot.
    Hurt like fuck afterwards apparently, esp the first time.

I can ask them for more useful information if you like?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Yeah that's about all I know as well, it's not necessarily permanent and it can only be done if your script has been stable for some time too.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    My bf's daughter had extreme short-sightedness (like an 8) and the company said they could give her 20-20 vision (bf didn't believe them). They did, but only for a short time. She went back and got re-done cos she's stubborn :P and yes it did cost a lot.
    Hurt like fuck afterwards apparently, esp the first time.

I can ask them for more useful information if you like?
    yes please My uncles mrs had it done years ago in the 80's, when it first came out, and shes never worn anything since....an she had RIGHT jam jar glasses....maybe she was long sighted if that makes a difference....

If its gonna cost like a grand or so I think may be better putting that much towards nose job...
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!

^ ok, I'll ask BF tonight.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by -purple- View Post
    If its gonna cost like a grand or so I think may be better putting that much towards nose job...
    It will most likely cost a fair bit more than a grand tbh
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.

Can I ask how old you are? I went for years wanting a nose job, but as I've got older, I realised that my nose makes me "me".

Just don't rush into it - many people end up hating their new nose even more!
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

My mom had laser eye surgery about 5 years ago, don't know how bad her vision was in numbers, but I know it was really bad. She basically only saw colours. It cost about $4000 or 2600 and was way worth it. Her right eye is just a bit blurry, but she only notices it while reading.

She did it at a clinic that's only located in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Germany though.. Memira.

Rhinoplatsy costs at least $4000 or 2600, up to about $7000/4600. It depends on how your nose is built and what you want done.
    Have (16):
    Right ear: 1st 2g, 2nd 14g, tragus 16g, conch 14g, 2 helices 16g
    Left ear: 1st 0g, tragus
    16g
    Snakebites 14g
    Philtrum 16g
    Cheeks
    14g
    2x diagonal nipple 14g
    Navel 14g

Retired:
    3 lobe piercings
    Left helix

Considering (for now): 1st lobes at 1/2", more helices,
    tongue, triangle or VCH, MDs

Facebook

Also know that with the rhinoplasty as well there is a chance it will need to be redone/touched up later on down the line. This should all be explained to you though. I've considered both in the past but as I grew older I love my glasses and grew to love my nose as well but as long as you've given it tons of consideration it is of course, your choice. I hope it all goes well if you go through with either!
    27 hours of tattoo work

Seems like theres a probability that both will need touching up in time, I think the nose job would make the most improvement to my self confidence, I've worn contacts since I was 13 and never had issues. Ive hated my nose since I can remember, and its the only thing I would change on my body so would be well worth the money

People who wear glasses and contacts: I have been quite naughty and not really worn my glasses for a while. I got two pairs of really pricey glasses, correct prescription and I just cant wear them. When I move my head to look at things with them on I get the same feeling as I get while in car (motion sickness) and it makes me vomit. Cant do anything in the house let alone drive in them. It happened before my new ones, so I doubt its an incorrect prescription.... The optician said my eyes were healthy and fine at the last checkup, but would be nice to give eyes a rest from contacts....this is mostly why I am considering laser eye surgery....anybody else have this happen to them?
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!