Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What jewellery is best for hiding a septum piercing?

I'm going to pop in to the local piercer later to see about a jewellery change because the bar I have in is far too long.

The piercing needs to stay hidden for work though and as it's still newish the jewellery can't fit snugly in case it swells a bit after the jewellery change.
    Would a septum keeper make more sense than a curved barbell in that case? Or are they not good in new piercings?
    I think my piercing is at 1.2mm.

Sorry for being noobish I just want to know what would be the best option here.
    Thanks in advance.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Blackline retainer, but they don't make them in 1.2mm I don't think. Err, a U-shaped retainer would be comfier probably as you've been pierced with curved jewellery, but a lot of people find setpum bullets comfy (can't speak from experience, I never tried them!).
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

If septums are similar to ears with stretching I could stretch up for a blackline retainer once it's past the 6month mark.

The piercers didn't have septum keepers in anyway but they offered to change the bar to a shorter one... and couldn't get it out! Hah.
    I will order one of the U shaped retainers, thanks Soph. I've seen 1.2 ones on BAF and I'm sure I could have the piercers sterilize and put it in. (I just got the ball off, playing with it there... oh my goodness)

Yeah, course you could, but not at the moment obv! The blackline ones are just better IMO.
    Yeah, I think BAF is the only place i've seen 1.2mm. Good luck-hope you get it changed eventually!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I've got a retainer in mine (was pierced with it) and noone knows it's there. I've flipped it down a couple of times but otherwise it's totally invisible.
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

Quote Originally Posted by EBrooks131 View Post
    I've got a retainer in mine (was pierced with it) and noone knows it's there. I've flipped it down a couple of times but otherwise it's totally invisible.
    Does it stay flipped up? (That's the trouble I'm having with mine...)

Yep, in nearly 3 weeks I've had it down maybe 3 times. Stays up very happily, though because it is big it's a bit more comfortable down. I'm going to get me a smaller one asap! For reference I've got an omega shaped ti high polish retainer in, at 1.6mm.
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

I had a blackline retainer when I first pierced my septum, and it kept parents and close relatives from knowing I had my septum pierced for 4 years. I'd call that effective. :P
    Now a piercer in the making.
    ___

Piercings: both lobes 26mm (first) and 5mm (second), 4mm septum, 6mm philtrum, 3mm princess diana, 1.6mm nipples, scaffold (left ear), cheeks and outer labia
    , bridge and chest microdermals

Retired: too many. :(

Tattoos: quite a few hours. left thigh, knee and forearm. right foot. chest. half backpiece. index fingers.

Others: split tongue. stomach scarification. some pulling and play piercing.

I had a circular barbell in mine the first time I had it done, I was still it school so it was permanently flipped up. No-one ever knew! Anything that flips up tbh. I've got a retainer in this time around.

Now
    : 8/9mm lobes. 6mm septum. double conch.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punch.
    central labret. L nipple. industrial. 9 tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

thanks guys I was wondering though is niobium is okay for newish piercings and is it autoclavable?

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...D=9577&index=7
    Was looking at these as they're the only ones I can find in 1.2mm that are small enough to flip up!
    Last edited by Sunnyx; 11-28-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast