Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cutting a Bioflex Post?

I hate asking stupid questions, and I suspect this is going to be one, so I'm definitely sorry in advance.

I've seen when purchasing bioflex that it says it can be cut down to size, so if you purchase something longer for swelling, you can trim the bioflex shorter, right? Well, do you always need to take out the post in order to trim it? Or can you use something like fingernail clippers to trim the post while still in the piercing? I'd be afraid to trim it too short if I had to do out of the piercing..

So. How do YOU do it?
    Have:
    Left ear: Lobes x3, Rook
    Right ear: Lobes x1, Anti-Tragus, Double Forward Helix

Retired: Navel x2, Vertical Tragus, Horizontal Helix, Double Spiral

Future: Redo the Horizontal Helix in left ear and put another spiral in the top part of my right ear.

Well I guess Soph or Jordan - who must do this much more than I - will help more, but for my labret post I remove it and trim with scissors. I very carefully nibble really little bits of the cut edge with scissors just to allow a smoother ball insertion. I don't cut when it's in my labret as it would be awkward and I'd probably cut my nose off trying.

Using nail clippers while the piercing is still in could work, but I'm going to have to raise the issue of hygeine - do you think nail clippers are really clean enough to use on jewellery for a reasonably fresh piercing?
    Scissors are easier to clean cos you can get at the blades - but then there's the risk of cutting your nose off as redribbon says
    Just something to think about.

Also remember to leave a couple of mm for thread.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I have ptfe in my nipple piercing, I bought some new nail clippers and used it only for trimming it down. I found that worked fine, depends on the piercing though really was easy to do in my nip as I can see it easily and it can be manipulated/gripped a bit better than some other piercings I suppose. Oh and less is more when it comes to trimming down, take off smaller than you think and see how it goes because you can't add it back on
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    18 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Do you need to buy the threading tool for PTFE bars, or can you just thread it with the ball?
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

I just threaded it with a ball, it's really easy.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 0g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    18 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.

Thats good to know - I've just ordered ordered one for my helix! Only ever had the push-fit Bioplast labrets for it before, but wanted a plain barbell, and I can't wear metal bars in my helix!
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

Understood, yeah I just use steel balls, cut the bar at an angle and thread it on and off a few times and it's fine, they've never fallen off.
    18 hours of tattoo work

I didn't even think about the hygene issue, so when it's time, I'll most likely do what redraven did and buy new clippers. That makes sense. Thanks guys
    Have:
    Left ear: Lobes x3, Rook
    Right ear: Lobes x1, Anti-Tragus, Double Forward Helix

Retired: Navel x2, Vertical Tragus, Horizontal Helix, Double Spiral

Future: Redo the Horizontal Helix in left ear and put another spiral in the top part of my right ear.

Quote Originally Posted by anglwngss View Post
    I hate asking stupid questions, and I suspect this is going to be one, so I'm definitely sorry in advance.
    Definitely wasn't a stupid question, I was wondering myself and glad someone asked xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast