Default Bump on the conch =(

So i've had my inner conch piercing for about two years, and it's never given me any trouble (no bumps, etc) and I started off by getting it pierced with a bar and letting it heal up. A couple months ago I went back to my piercer and picked out some new jewelry for my conch, I chose a CBR (titanium). Everything was completely great, I know a lot of people have trouble wearing CBRs in their conch because of bumps etc but I hadn't had a problem.

Anyhoo fast forward to a few nights ago I spent the night at my friends house and ended up sleeping on the floor. I woke up and realized I had slept on my ear with the CBR in it, and it was pretty sore and upset (predictably). So i decided to leave it alone, baby it, and hopefully everything would be okay. About yesterday when I woke up I noticed it had a ring/bump thing around it. I completely left it alone thinking oh no my luck finally gave out and I ended up with hypertrophic scarring. I wasn't too worried about it, I was debating on switching back to a bar and I decided to do so. However, when I started to change it, the ring/bump thing kinda popped (i just barely must have touched it) and what came from it looked a lot like from a pimple . I wiped the excess pimple stuff off until the ring seemed to have disappeared (much like a pimple would look after you got all the white stuff out)
    First pic is the one when I had the ring/bump/pimp thing, and the second is immediately after it popped.
    Anyone have any ideas what this could have been? Does anyone think I should do SSS or should I just leave it alone? Thanks! (and sorry for the enormity of the pictures :( )

Current Piercings
    Second lobes 16g
    Central tongue piercing 6g
    Second central tongue piercing 14g
    Left rook 16g
    Left conch 14g
    Right daith 16g
    Triangle 12g

Ewwwww ... looks so much better after the pop though! ... bit of floor-gunk irritating it maybe?
    I'd change it back to a bar (to let it settle down without movement from the ring) and give it a good soak to be sure all the gunk is out.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Def get a bar back in there! I can only wear CBR's for something like a day before my ear gets angry. And I would SSS for a little while!
    Last edited by SleeeepyHollow; 10-25-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Now
    : 8/9mm lobes. 6mm septum. double conch.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punch.
    central labret. L nipple. industrial. 9 tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Put the bar back in and treat it like a fresh piercing.
    Hi! I'm Casey

Have:
    Industrial, tragus x2, ear web x2, conch, bridge, nostril x2, high nostril x2, septum, tongue x2, lingual frenulum, labret, monroe x2, navel, nipples x2, vch, standard lobe piercings x15,

Retired:
    Bridge x2, vertical brow x3, horizontal brow, bottom navel, stomach surface, arm surface x2, hand web, hand surface, standard lobe x2.

Want:
    Deep Mandible, cheeks, lip x2, forward helix x2, bottom navel, horizontal brow x2, numerous MDA's, lots more tattoos.

You could maybe put a curved bar/PTFE in there and gradually change to a ring? It would be less of a shock to the piercing going from a straight to a curve.
    Hello im Laura
    Failbook

Have:
    10mm lobes
    1.6mm 2nd lobes
    1.2mm rook (L) 28/7/11
    1.6mm philtrum 27/10/11
    1.6mm snakebites 28/12/11
    1.6mm triple helix spiral (R) 5/4/11
    Want:
    Daith (R)
    Helix (L)
    Septum
    Tattoos! (Once ive lost weight and got my designs sorted)
    My signature makes an arrow! Thanks spudkissed for pointing it out!