Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should my tragus still be this swollen?

Had it nearly 2 weeks and its still pretty swollen, the whole bar is taken up at the moment (8mm). Should it be that swollen? Was also wondering when I can change the front ball? My piercer said 4 weeks till I can change just the ball, just wanted to know if you guys have heard any different
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

Yeah, expect it to be swollen up to 12 weeks, and after that expect it to flare up and swell again for another 6 months! 8mm isn't that long, so the fact the bar is full isn't an issue

As for changing the ball, I wouldn't do it until the piercing was healed, but I'm sure it would probably be fine to change it at a month.

My anti tragus are 4 months + and are still swollen :-(
    I have.......
    Tongue, Nostril, Horizontal Nipples,
    In each ear......Daith, Lobe, Tragus, Anti tragus, Rook
    Retired Piercing: Labret

Feel free to add me on failbook.

When you consider it will take a good 12-18months to be fully healed being swollen after 14 days isn't much really. Try holding off changing the ball for as long as you can.
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, nostril, septum, 2 wrist MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Its more swollen today :( also a bit painful when I cleaned it. I did a sss and to try and bring the swelling down I've put ice on it. Is heat or ice better to soothe it and reduce the swelling? Thanks, I'm just a bit paranoid after all the horror stories I've heard!
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

I really would not put ice on it... just do nothing! It will be fine!

Do one hot SSS and one cool SSS, see if it helps or go back to your piercer if you're overly concerned. Mine is a month old and very swollen today, but there is 2 in there lol
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, nostril, septum, 2 wrist MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs
    27 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules

Mine is about a month and a half old now, just one and it was a repierce. Defs still swollen and sore if I knock it. Cartilage piercings never heal easily or quickly, swelling and ache or a bit of pain is no reason to worry or take it out etc... 12-18 months is standard healing time, a few weeks is nothing. Do you SSS when it has cooled to lukewarm if you are worried about the hot but it isn't the sort of swelling that you need to be overly concerned about temperature, it will settle. I think I have soaked mine once... If it doesn't need cleaning then there isn't much of a need for SSS except to make it feel nice and clean and fresh.

Edit: Also, if there is no reason to change the ball (and looking pretty is not a reason), I wouldn't be changing it for a long time. The movement will just irritate the piercing. It is possible and I am sure wouldn't cause major problems but the less fiddling the better until it is healed.
    Last edited by Addicted; 08-23-2011 at 12:39 AM.
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

It was looking less swollen this morning but I've just cleaned it and it looks like its about to start eating the ball :( It doesn't hurt and has been feeling good, so I don't get why its getting more swollen. If it gets worse then I'll go back to my piercer on Thursday as I'm around there then. Atm i'm holding ice on it, in the hope of some improvement!
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

Ice is not good or healthy to be held on the piercing, seriously.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast