Default Stubborn Nose Bump: Should I leave the piercing or take it out?

(I posted this in another thread, but haven't received any replies as of yet so I decided to make a new thread. Can anyone help?)

I got my nose pierced Feb 18. and only had my piercing bump free for a few weeks before I got sick and developed a bump. I thought it would go away when I got over my cold and so I didn't treat it. Well, it didn't go away and my research online led me to understand that this is a very common problem. So, I began a treatment of tea tree oil that was not diluted (before this I was faithfully using H2Ocean). I started applying TTO twice and even up to 3x per day towards the end of March and early April. The bump became significantly smaller, but would not go away. Eventually, a week or so ago my skin on my nose got so irritated and painful that I stopped using the TTO to allow it to heal. But in the process of not treating the bump it got bigger, and now I seem to be right where I started!

I am so frustrated with this stupid thing! I don't want to take it out because it cost 60 bucks, and I'm the stereotypically poor college student. Recently, I got a call back from Starbucks and they possibly want to hire me, but if I work there I cannot have any facial piercings. So, now I'm at a crosswords: do I take out the piercing which will enable me to work at SB and finally cause the stupid bump to go away OR do I go and replace my surgical steel piercing with a titanium one and continue trying to get rid of this bump (and find another job).

I don't know what to do, but I am so, so frustrated (I know I said that like 5 times already).

I have decided to change up my treatments as of right now. I am no longer going to use the tea tree oil. I did my first chamomile compression tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to do a SSS and another CC. I know one person said to just let the darn thing be, but it's so hard not to do something when there is a risk of it getting bigger if left untreated.

Help! Can anyone help me? For the love of body piercings, help!

(Update: I did a SSS this morning)
    Last edited by SoulFlower; 05-16-2011 at 07:29 PM.

I would retire it and take the job.

You probably can get rid of the bump if you start treating it appropriately (ie, not doing things that'll make it worse, like putting TTO on it) so it all depends on whether you want to take the job or not, really...
    Current: Lip ring, 1st set of lobes @ 6mm, second set of lobes at 2.4mm, left daith, inner labia x 2, navel, right conch, properly done VCH yay!

Retired: Horribly botched VCH.

Future: Left double helix, left tragus, right forward helix. Nipples if I'm brave enough!

Depends, do you really need the job? If yes, then take it out and you can always repierce it sometime in the future. If the job is not important to you and you think you can find something else that does allow facial piercings, then continue on treating it. Nose bumps take a long time to go away usually, mine took 1.5 months almost.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

If you want to keep the piercing, put titanium in it and stop the teatree oil. If you really want the job, and are offered it, retire the piercing.
    Simples
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

i love calvin & hobbes

Well, I've decided not to take the SB job. It doesn't pay enough, and I'm hoping to get a job that pays better and allows facial piercings (fingers crossed).

I'm going today to go get a titanium stud put in, but other than that how can I begin to fix this problem?

I started with twice a day SSS with mine. It helped a bit but no significant progress. I started putting chamomile bags in the SSS and that made things worse, as I discovered I am allergic to something in chamomile. So I stopped that and started doing compresses and soaks with distilled water (the one you use for ironing) once a day. Didn't work either. I got tired of always noticing it and paying attention to it, how big or small it is and I just said, I am leaving it alone and just cleaning it ONCE every night while in the shower, that's it. Apparently, this worked for me and it kept on getting better and better until it was gone and didn't come back. I am not saying follow what I did, I usually leave all my piercings alone and it works, SSS doesn't do me any good and neither does anything else. But that's me. You can try several methods and see what works for you, SSS, chamomile compresses, chamomile and SSS, etc. Hope it goes away soon!

Oh and BE PATIENT. It may take a while, don't obsess with it, it's just a little bump.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

There's also the option of just leaving it alone, I got a bump on mine and I did nothing except make sure I rinsed well after washing my face etc and it went. Got another one now and out of interest did a hot soak, the day after it was twice the size, I've since left it alone and it's gone right down again
    Current: 5 standard lobes, 2 00g lobes, 7 helices, 3 tragus, conch, daith, 2 nostril, septum, 3 MDs
    Retired: 3 nipple, tongue, philtrum, 2 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook
    22 hours of tattoo work

Voluntary forum Administrator, PM's not related to forum/tech issues may not be replied to.
    Please read the Forum Rules